Home

Does Anthony Calvillo deserve to be in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame?

This is a discussion on Does Anthony Calvillo deserve to be in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Does Anthony Calvillo deserve to be in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...arterback-ever

He has the most passing yards in Pro Football History. There's a terrific article about him on Grantland. Peter King said he took into account Warren Moon's CFL stats when he voted for him for the Hall Of Fame.

Now of course if Calvillo gets in, than Doug Flutie should get in due to his CFL stats. We could also throw in Damon Allen and a lot of other CFL players.

To answer my own question, I wouldn't vote him in because he never played in the NFL. The only stats that matter are from the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Does Anthony Calvillo deserve to be in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame?

When I think about someone going to the baseball HoF in the future with their kid and the kid says "daddy where's the man with the most hits?" and the dad has to say "sorry,he's not in here" I think that's just wrong. So on that same principle I'd have to say yes.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I think to end this kind of debate the Pro Football Hall of Fame should just rename it what it already is in a de facto sense. The NFL hall of fame.

As long as they cling to the whole notion of calling it a pro football half of fame you're going to get this argument from some. So I guess that's a long way of saying that people like Damon Allen and Anthony Calvillo should get recognition. If they don't want to enshrine these guys at least have an wing or an exhibit dedicated to their exploits.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
SPTO beat me too it. It is a farce to call it the PRO Football HOF, just rename it the NFL HOF.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

Inducting him means inducting Flutie, Allen, and even Jeff Braswell among others so you can't just induct one CFL player and be done with it, that would just be pointless. I say give them their own wing, but the Pro Football HOF is like the Hockey Hall of Fame where they should both really just be renamed the NFL HOF and NHL HOF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Banned

teets's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3
Inducting him means inducting Flutie, Allen, and even Jeff Braswell among others so you can't just induct one CFL player and be done with it, that would just be pointless. I say give them their own wing, but the Pro Football HOF is like the Hockey Hall of Fame where they should both really just be renamed the NFL HOF and NHL HOF
Except there are players in the hockey hall of fame who never played in the nhl....
Old 10-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by teets
Except there are players in the hockey hall of fame who never played in the nhl....
There are also non-nba people in the basketball HoF.

I haven't looked over the whole list of the Pro Football HoF but I'm pretty sure everybody that is in is associated with the AFL/NFL.

There's a CFL HoF but I'm sure some CFL fans want to see the players in Canton.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3
Who the Bleep is Jeff Braswell?!? C'mon if you're going to slight the CFL and call up some unknown name to help bolster your case that it means opening Canton up to any schmoe if you induct/exhibit guys like Anthony Calvillo at least name someone who's in the CFL HOF.

Goodness....

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »