Home

Week 7: San Diego Chargers (4-1) @ New York Jets (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 7: San Diego Chargers (4-1) @ New York Jets (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Week 7: San Diego Chargers (4-1) @ New York Jets (3-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
It's that's the most heart-breaking sports loss in your life then I want to know how you ever got over 07 loss to the Pats.

To this day If I ever see that guy who used to wear number 20 for us(his name is not even allowed to be spoken in my house) in public, I'm taking his knee out on site and that's no joke.
07 game not remotely the most heartbreaking game in charger history.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #18
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
07 game not remotely the most heartbreaking game in charger history.
Never said it was. Just said it was worse than the 09 loss to the jets.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
And now they are getting healthy. They are 4-1 after losing Gates, 4 of their top 5 defensive linemen, basically running out of WR's one game, running out of RB's one game,losing their best CB for two games and Rivers having a slow start. They are still 4-1 and now guys are starting to come back to the lineup. 4-1 in the nfl is 4-1, there are no easy outs, and it's not a beauty contest.

These are games the chargers would have lost in the past. So no, they havent been meh, this year.
Whatever man, agree to disagree. I said in my last post (twice actually) that 4-1 is 4-1 regardless, so don't know why you're so bent out of shape about the semantics of it. My main point was that this won't be a blowout given the circumstances, and OP even came in and agreed with that.

Yeah a win is a win, and this isn't the BCS so you don't have to worry about style points, but they were down at half against a bad Minnesota team, needed a last minute INT to beat a bad KC team, and needed a hail mary stop against a bad Denver team. So that's why I said they've been meh, if you don't agree then fine, but don't act like it's an outlandish claim. But like I said (again) 4-1 is 4-1, and they should play better after the bye week. But this is still a toss up game on the road against a capable Jets team.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Whatever man, agree to disagree. I said in my last post (twice actually) that 4-1 is 4-1 regardless, so don't know why you're so bent out of shape about the semantics of it. My main point was that this won't be a blowout given the circumstances, and OP even came in and agreed with that.

Yeah a win is a win, and this isn't the BCS so you don't have to worry about style points, but they were down at half against a bad Minnesota team, needed a last minute INT to beat a bad KC team, and needed a hail mary stop against a bad Denver team. So that's why I said they've been meh, if you don't agree then fine, but don't act like it's an outlandish claim. But like I said (again) 4-1 is 4-1, and they should play better after the bye week. But this is still a toss up game on the road against a capable Jets team.
I think the problem is qualifying the MIN, KC and DEN games is pretty much exactly like saying "A win IS NOT a win". If a win is a win, then everything you wrote about those games means nothing and doesn't even need to be mentioned... but you're using them to explain why you don't feel the chargers are as good as their record (or "meh" as you said). All BK did was dispute the idea that HOW they won those games matters... as you're saying it does by using it to justify calling them "meh".
Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #21
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
It's that's the most heart-breaking sports loss in your life then I want to know how you ever got over 07 loss to the Pats.

To this day If I ever see that guy who used to wear number 20 for us(his name is not even allowed to be spoken in my house) in public, I'm taking his knee out on site and that's no joke.
There have been some tough ones in Chargers history, but losing to the Jets with a rookie QB and a 9-7 record just broke my heart more than losing to Brady and the Pats ever will. Still though, we've had those ****ers on the ropes a couple of times in the playoffs and they always find a way to win.

But that's the Patriots, the Jets won't find a way to win. It's payback time, don't know if I've ever wanted to see a game so badly as this one. Especially with Rex running his mouth on Norv, and Norv (shockingly!) coming back at him.

Let's go Chargers, I'm done being a pessimist with this team it's time to be the best team in football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

The Chargers will easily win . Their de will shut down Sanchez easy.

This is probably the worst week in football this year, and the rest of the year.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the problem is qualifying the MIN, KC and DEN games is pretty much exactly like saying "A win IS NOT a win". If a win is a win, then everything you wrote about those games means nothing and doesn't even need to be mentioned... but you're using them to explain why you don't feel the chargers are as good as their record (or "meh" as you said). All BK did was dispute the idea that HOW they won those games matters... as you're saying it does by using it to justify calling them "meh".
Well if that's the case, I stand by my post. The Redskins are 3-2 but I don't think anyone really looks at them as a good team or even as good as their record, and they were still underdogs at home last week when they were 3-1 against a 1-4 Eagles team. I'm not saying that SD's a bad team, and again 4-1 is 4-1, but my post was more to the OP's claim that this game would be a blowout, not to say that SD was a bad team.

And it's not like quality of win/loss isn't something that's mentioned at all when discussing how good a team really is, as I've seen the same argument used to say Cincy isn't as good as their 4-2 record might say they are (wins against Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Indy), and seen it used inversely to say Carolina is better than their 1-5 record says they are (5 close losses to good teams) and people say they will beat the aforementioned 3-2 Redskins team this week.

So it's not as if I'm pulling something out of thin air to justify my claim that SD isn't as elite as their 4-1 record makes it seem. But again (for the 24th time lol) 4-1 is 4-1 and since this isn't the BCS no one will knock them down or take those wins away for them. But it is fair to bring up quality of win and quality of opponent when discussing how good a team really is, no?

All that said, this game is still a tossup (to me) and I wouldn't be shocked if SD got the win.

Last edited by rangerrick012; 10-21-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Well if that's the case, I stand by my post. The Redskins are 3-2 but I don't think anyone really looks at them as a good team or even as good as their record, and they were still underdogs at home last week when they were 3-1 against a 1-4 Eagles team. I'm not saying that SD's a bad team, and again 4-1 is 4-1, but my post was more to the OP's claim that this game would be a blowout, not to say that SD was a bad team.

And it's not like quality of win/loss isn't something that's mentioned at all when discussing how good a team really is, as I've seen the same argument used to say Cincy isn't as good as their 4-2 record might say they are (wins against Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Indy), and seen it used inversely to say Carolina is better than their 1-5 record says they are (5 close losses to good teams) and people say they will beat the aforementioned 3-2 Redskins team this week.

So it's not as if I'm pulling something out of thin air to justify my claim that SD isn't as elite as their 4-1 record makes it seem. But again (for the 24th time lol) 4-1 is 4-1 and since this isn't the BCS no one will knock them down or take those wins away for them. But it is fair to bring up quality of win and quality of opponent when discussing how good a team really is, no?

All that said, this game is still a tossup (to me) and I wouldn't be shocked if SD got the win.
For the record, I disagree with you and think the Chargers are as good as any 4-1 team. Just throwing that out there for clarity bc I really don't have a dog in this fight, just trying to explain.

I (as someone who disagrees with you) don't have a problem with you saying you don't think they're as good as their record. BUT you can't say that and also say "4-1 is 4-1"... it doesn't make sense. What you just wrote can be translated as "The Redskins are 3-2 but not really a 3-2 team" or "the Bengals are 4-2 but not really a 4-2 team". The counter argument would be that 3-2 is 3-2 or 4-2 is 4-2. It can't be both ways.

At the end of the day, the Chargers are 4-1... fact. But we're projecting forward and your stance is that record isn't a good predictor of how they'll do this week. Or in other words, looking forward to this week 4-1 is not really 4-1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »