Home

The Tim Tebow Thread

This is a discussion on The Tim Tebow Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #49
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Tim Tebow Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Big Tebow supporter as you all know, but dude sucked for 95% of the game...against an 0-6 team. He can't afford to play like that again...unless they play the Rams.
If he does that against the Lions he'll end up on that cart Suh was talking about. Lions has been sputtering recently, but even still they are miles ahead of Miami's offense. If he plays like he did last week, they'll be down 30-0 in the 4th quarter.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #50
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Didn't someone try to make a thread early in the football season to talk about specific players? And didn't the mods close it because this stuff is supposed to be in the team threads?

I know I commented in here already, but I really don't think there needs to be a completely separate thread for 1 player. No matter how popular/criticized they might be.

Watch me play video games
Old 10-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #51
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Not only can he play quarterback, he can will the other team to suck!! Tim Tebow, everybody!

They were in the game despite his horrible play yesterday. Let's not get that confused. You play like that in the first 55 mintues and only the most horrible of the horrible teams will have only scored 15 points against the Broncos.
Fair enough, fair enough. I still feel like he has that Tom Brady-like factor where he gets the ball late in a game in desperate need of a score, and he becomes a different player. This isn't the first time he's turned the heat up late. He can't live and die by that though, he has to play 60 minutes well or he won't make it in this league.

I won't lie, spending most my life in Florida myself I've always liked Tebow. I'm not a Gators fan but even with his crazy amount of media coverage he's always seemed like a cool guy and he's an alright QB I guess. I root for him, I don't know if he'll be a solid QB but I do root for him so I am definitely biased here.

Obviously we still haven't seen enough to rate him. We've seen him start 4 games I believe, and both times he's played this year he's been spectacular late. If he can play a complete game close to what he does late, then he'll probably wind up being pretty good.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #52
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I don't get why Tebow is getting so much slurp and/or so much hate. He's never done anything to hurt anybody, he's a decorated college player, arguably one of the best to ever play in college. And he has shown that he is in development as an NFL qb. There are many other players like this.

People hate on him because of things outside of his control, and that's bonkers. He doesn't make Espn run film on him all day, he doesnt throw his heisman and 2 championships in your face when ever he's on a mic, he doesn't complain that he should have been starting since his rookie year, and he doesn't talk negatively about anything but himself. And now I must hate him?

This thread is dumb as hell.
The people that hate on Tebow for his off field issues, belifes, etc. are idiots just like the people that hate other players for their off field issues.

The reason people hate on Tebow now is that he is in the NFL having started only 4 or 5 games I don't remember how many and having done nothing else yet hes getting the attention of a guy like Manning or Brady. He's what I like to call a pretty boy quarter back. He gets a lot of attention and its mostly because the fans love him. Think about it. Tom Brady is what I would consider a pbqb but he actually wins games. Guys like Tony Romo, Tim Tebow, and formerly Rex Grossman get a lot of attention but don't deserve it because they haven't earned it.

I like Tebow as a person but dislike him as a player, that's how most people are.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #53
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
I like Tebow as a person but dislike him as a player, that's how most people are.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #54
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I read on twitter that John Fox has coached something like 350 games and had never been successful on an onside kick... until he started Tebow. Coincidence? I think not.

And Tebow has now led as many 13+ point comebacks as John Elway lol.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I read on twitter that John Fox has coached something like 350 games and had never been successful on an onside kick... until he started Tebow. Coincidence? I think not.

Maybe John Kasay just always sucked at onside kicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #56
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy

actually you've changed my mind about Tebow... considering this.. Tebow should quit Football... and focus on playing the LOTTERY

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »