Home

The Tim Tebow Thread

This is a discussion on The Tim Tebow Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
The Tim Tebow Thread

Thought it was the right think to do seeing how it's rediculous how much media coverage this guy is getting just because his team beat an 0-5 team today.

I'm not hating on Tebow, ive supported him in the saga that is the Denver Broncos front office. Tebow had a mediocre day against a team that has yet to win a game. Yet ESPN and other media outlets want you to think that Tebow had just won the Superbowl. Tebow didn't win the game single handedly. I don't think Tebow recovered the onside kick did he?

Teams that have a combined 1-9 record gets more coverage on ESPN than game 4 of the World Series......crazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: The Tim Tebow Thread

If you throw two touchdown passes and Tim Tebow throws two touchdown passes, Tim Tebow has more touchdown passes than you.

I don't have a useful contribution to this thread, other than I am rooting for Tim Tebow to succeed. His game today was 55 minutes of lousy followed by 5 minutes of #winning, however.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

He's a well liked, hugely hyped guy. IMO dude will be a 2nd stringer with 2-3 starts a season and that's about it. Not a bad way to make millions.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
If you throw two touchdown passes and Tim Tebow throws two touchdown passes, Tim Tebow has more touchdown passes than you.
Hell, even Scott Steiner knows that!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe

I don't have a useful contribution to this thread, other than I am rooting for Tim Tebow to succeed. His game today was 55 minutes of lousy followed by 5 minutes of #winning, however.
I never root against someone to succeed, but if Tebow succeeding means 24/7 media coverage of Tebow.....than i'd have 2nd thoughts.

I can see ESPN camera's following him around during the week like TMZ.....i really could.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Thought it was the right think to do seeing how it's rediculous how much media coverage this guy is getting just because his team beat an 0-5 team today.

I'm not hating on Tebow, ive supported him in the saga that is the Denver Broncos front office. Tebow had a mediocre day against a team that has yet to win a game. Yet ESPN and other media outlets want you to think that Tebow had just won the Superbowl. Tebow didn't win the game single handedly. I don't think Tebow recovered the onside kick did he?

Teams that have a combined 1-9 record gets more coverage on ESPN than game 4 of the World Series......crazy!
Lo it came to pass, on the sabbath, Tebow willed his team into overtime, and there behold Tebow was victorious. Let us pray.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:35 AM   #7
Banned

ZooM z00m's Arena

OVR: 5

Hahahaha, guess not.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I never root against someone to succeed, but if Tebow succeeding means 24/7 media coverage of Tebow.....than i'd have 2nd thoughts.

I can see ESPN camera's following him around during the week like TMZ.....i really could.
It was the Cam Newton show when dude was going 400 plus every game, now that he's cooled off they need a new story. Tebow putting up good numbers against a prevent defense seems to be what everyone wants to talk about.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »