Home

Week 8 MNF: San Diego Chargers (4-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 8 MNF: San Diego Chargers (4-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #113
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Week 8 MNF: San Diego Chargers (4-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (3-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Derrick Johnson is fun to watch. I'm a big defensive guy and he really has a knack for being around the ball nearly every play. He's always had the talent but I think it took him a bit to understand what it takes to be good at this level. Now the rest of the defense seems to rally around him.
I can't lie...it's been frustrating watching DJ's development. He's always possessed this ability but not until last season did he play up to his potential consistently. Prior to last year he'd have a beastly game then vanish for three or four before he was in the mood to dominate again. I feared last season that he was only playing for a contract but he's proved me wrong thus far. Like you said, he's emerging as a leader in the middle of the defense and that's something KC's needed for a very long time.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #114
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Week 8 MNF: San Diego Chargers (4-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (3-3)

I'm giving Romeo all the credit in the world for turning DJ into what he has become. The kid is all over the field. I think he had like 13 tackles / 1 sack / 1 INT. It may have taken him a while, but he's finally growing into a special player on defense.

Also, how good is Flowers? I love the way he plays CB.

I can't say that either team really deserved this win. Both teams played like crap and we definitely got lucky in this game, but I'll take it. Arrowhead was absolutely insane on Monday night. I still can't believe how loud it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »