Home

Week 9: New York Jets (4-3) @ Buffalo Bills (5-2)

This is a discussion on Week 9: New York Jets (4-3) @ Buffalo Bills (5-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #41
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 9: New York Jets (4-3) @ Buffalo Bills (5-2)

Has Rex Ryan said anything that's "bulletin board" material for the Bills re: this week's game?

Also:

I usually reserve "Game of the Week" honors for the most entertaining contest that HAS been played, not on potential...

Seen waaaaay too many "Marquee Matchups" turn into snooze fests and a bunch of "Who Cares" games provide more twists and thrills than Wild Card Weekend...

Oh...and:

Go Bills!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #42
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
It's only Game Of The Week to Bills fans who have been irrelevant since Thurman Thomas lost his helmet.

@ the division being up for grabs between a 5-2 & 4-3 team.

Act like you've been there before.

Oh wait...
Instead of trolling can you just go back to making baseless posts and backpedaling? That was a lot better.

Quote:

LOL @ this being the Game of the Week. Can I get Homerism for $300, Alex? Nobody outside the state of NY gives two craps about either team and to say this is a battle of 2 teams in the Top 10? Please man LOL.

Anyway, if I had to pick a team I'd pull for the Jets just to humble some of these Bills Fans in here and bring them back down to Earth.
Hey coach when you're finished trolling can I set up a pager line with you? I gotta be sure to know when its cool to be excited about my first place team. Don't want to offend the sensibilities of any more smug Super Bowl team fans. Thanks coach!

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #43
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Not smug at all, just calling like it is. But LOL @ the irony of you calling someone else sensitive. Really? REALLY???

Anyway, when you stop drinking the Homerade(which I doubt you'll do)then I'll be sure to give you my pager line.

But again, LOL @ this being the Game of the Week when nobody outside the state of NY really gives a crap about this game and LOL @ this deciding the division after 2 months.

Please for the love of everything, humble these dudes Rex
Old 11-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #44
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
I guess I'm the only floridan who cares about this game. Lucky me. Go Bills

Sent from Jesus EVO
Nope, I'm with you. Floridian's FTW. (Although I'm like half Californian, half Floridian but whatever.)

IN terms of playoffs, this is the Game of the Week. Everyone knows the Ravens and Steelers are going to the playoffs, this one is a huuge divisional game. Ravens/Steelers may be the more intriguing game, but this one is more important in which teams are going to the playoffs.

Who cares about game of the week anyways? I'm more excited for San Diego/Green Bay than anything, just as Cincinnatti fans are more excited for Bengals/Titans than anything and so on. That's the nature of the game with fans of different teams, Bills fans will take preference to important Bills games over other games and Ravens and Steelers fans always look forward to those games.

Bills fans have every right to be cocky too, when your team is winning it makes everything about the sport funner. I was very mouthy during the Chargers 14-2 and 13-3 seasons, after they lost I blamed Philip Rivers and said he sucked. (The reality was that they just got outplayed, but sue me somebody's gotta get blamed.)

Anyways, just trying to ease the tension.. nothing but love, right???
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #45
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Not smug at all, just calling like it is. But LOL @ the irony of you calling someone else sensitive. Really? REALLY???

Anyway, when you stop drinking the Homerade(which I doubt you'll do)then I'll be sure to give you my pager line.

But again, LOL @ this being the Game of the Week when nobody outside the state of NY really gives a crap about this game and LOL @ this deciding the division after 2 months.

Come on, you set yourself up there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #46
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

After the last decade of mediocre (at best) football. We Bills fans finally have something to cheer about. This is not the same team we've seen before.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #47
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

This kind of garbage could be said by Cowherd. You should look into mainstream "15 seconds of content 1 hour of baseless opinion" radio

So coach what week will you let Bills fan be happy when they're in first place? And how mad are you that Bills fans are actually happy about their team? Put us in our place, coach. Perhaps we'll join you on the smugtrain.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #48
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I only have one thing to say here. It's really getting tiresome how some of you guys are saying "oh I hope the Bills lose so their fans can be humbled" C'mon, it's not like Bills fans have had anything to cheer about for the last decade plus. Let us get it out of our system. We've sat here year after year and had optimistic hopes be dashed cruelly and said "well that's another wasted year".

Let us be happy and I can't believe some of the people scoffing at Bills fans being happy that they're in first place when we're HALFWAY through the season. Jeez.....

I can handle some differences of opinion and I respect Wwharton's a lot but some of you other guys wanting to "humble us" are taking it a tad too far.

That's the last i'll say about this. If the Bills continue on this very good run i'll be happy as a clam but if they somehow collapse I don't want people to laugh at me for being happy this first half of the year because I, and many Bills fans always, ALWAYS feel like the sword of Damocles is hanging over the franchise. So allow us to be a little nutty ok?

Thanks

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »