Home

Week 9: San Francisco 49ers (6-1) @ Washington Redskins (3-4)

This is a discussion on Week 9: San Francisco 49ers (6-1) @ Washington Redskins (3-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Week 9: San Francisco 49ers (6-1) @ Washington Redskins (3-4)

This is about what we thought the Redskins would be right? Sorry they had to get your hopes up jumping out to that 3-1 start.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
This is about what we thought the Redskins would be right? Sorry they had to get your hopes up jumping out to that 3-1 start.
Yep. Had us for about 5 or 6 wins. Screw you Skins for getting my hopes up.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
They are right on schedule for another top 10 pick. The defense looks better and are keeping them in games which makes the 1 possession losses hurt more.

The offense is anemic and the injuries along the Oline make the unit look as bad as it did two years ago.

It's a process and it would seem they atleast have rebuilt the defense to be more competitive. It Could've been a good game if the offense did anything in the first 55 minutes of the game.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #20
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
Yep. Had us for about 5 or 6 wins. Screw you Skins for getting my hopes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
They are right on schedule for another top 10 pick. The defense looks better and are keeping them in games which makes the 1 possession losses hurt more.

The offense is anemic and the injuries along the Oline make the unit look as bad as it did two years ago.

It's a process and it would seem they atleast have rebuilt the defense to be more competitive. It Could've been a good game if the offense did anything in the first 55 minutes of the game.

Sent from RedskinNation.
Yes....the defense is pretty stout. The Redskins could not get to the QB for so long, but now they are top 5 or so in the league w/ the Orakpo/Kerrigan combo. The Safety position is a strong one too. Skins may have a big hole to fill at MLB w/ London Fletcher's shelf life being limited.

The Skins offense has had problems scoring for awhile. They have not had a franchise QB in ages, and have always seemed to lack a Big WR. The OLine is a work in progress as well....if they can get a QB that they can develop that should solidfy the offense.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

Sent from RedskinNation.
This was anything but a 1 possession loss. The Niners dominated this game from start to finish. It pisses me off they allowed that garbage time TD, but I'll take 7-1.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #22
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Don't know why it's so hard for Shanahan to just tell people from the getgo that this was going to take time and that this wasn't something that would happen overnight. Instead, he walks in there with his chest out saying to himself "Oh this won't be a problem, I can fix this". The sooner you admit what's already obvious to everyone by now(that this is a rebuild)the less people can stop stressing themselves out over this team.

Orakpo/Kerrigan are the only bright spots on that whole Defense but other than those two, they don't look good as whole and guess what still seems to be the problem? They can't make the plays that matter or get them off the field.

The Offense...well what did anyone expect from a team that dare have confidence in Rex Grossman and John Beck. Hell at this point, you might as well just throw him back in there. Instead of progressing and improving after each game, this team has regressed and gotten worse and worse since the Giants game(which was the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR SMH).

So in short...this team really isn't that good and people can say that I'm hating or whatever...but that's the reality of this team right now.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't want Rex or Beck on this roster next season. Period
Old 11-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #24
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
This was anything but a 1 possession loss. The Niners dominated this game from start to finish. It pisses me off they allowed that garbage time TD, but I'll take 7-1.
Actually it was exactly a one possession loss, last I heard 8 points is one possession. San Fran dominated the game make no doubt, forcing the turnovers they did was huge, and they are clearly the better team. That said, they should've put Washington away in the second half and they did the exact opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Don't know why it's so hard for Shanahan to just tell people from the getgo that this was going to take time and that this wasn't something that would happen overnight. Instead, he walks in there with his chest out saying to himself "Oh this won't be a problem, I can fix this". The sooner you admit what's already obvious to everyone by now(that this is a rebuild)the less people can stop stressing themselves out over this team.

Orakpo/Kerrigan are the only bright spots on that whole Defense but other than those two, they don't look good as whole and guess what still seems to be the problem? They can't make the plays that matter or get them off the field.

The Offense...well what did anyone expect from a team that dare have confidence in Rex Grossman and John Beck. Hell at this point, you might as well just throw him back in there. Instead of progressing and improving after each game, this team has regressed and gotten worse and worse since the Giants game(which was the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR SMH).

So in short...this team really isn't that good and people can say that I'm hating or whatever...but that's the reality of this team right now.
We kinda went back and forth about the defense after the Philly game. As a unit the defense is the only reason this team is watchable. In 2010 they had 29 sacks all year, through 8 game they have 23 this year. They are allowing about that 20 points a game (19.9) while ranking 7th in the league while only getting 16.6 from the offense.

I agree that Kerrigan and Orakpo have been fantastic, Fletcher is playing at a high level again (not a surprise) The Secondary has been plagued by injury and poor corner back play, I think that you are being overly harsh on the defense. You say they can't get off the field they are only allowing 3rd down conversions at 33.7% (6th best in the league). I may be a "homer" skins fan, but honestly PPM what more do you want the defense to do?

Yes, the team is bad, and they are playing bad. Honestly if I didn't watch these game on TV I would be OK with them finish with a top 5 draft pick in round one, but they aren't gonna be bad enough to get Luck which means I would like to see 3-4 more wins this season. Just because no one want to watch their favorite team lose every week.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 11-06-2011 at 10:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »