Home

Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy!

This is a discussion on Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2002, 05:16 PM   #81
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Dont Look INSIDE...Im MAD AS HELL with 2K3 and your not gonna be happy!

it would be if Sega made it so the game looked for a patch on the HD.. but I will be money they did not do that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2002, 09:19 AM   #82
Pro

OVR: 6

YA know if they were able to potentially incorporate a downloadable patch to tweak some of the little things that are hampering this game it would be fantastic. Considering that both the PS2 and XBOX versions will be 'LIVE' I dont think it's such a bad idea....unless of course Microsoft or Sony have some sort of downloadable GAME PATCH restrictions in their console contracts....whaddya think?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:53 PM   #83
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I once thought like you but then someone explained about the idea of downloading an executable file to my xbox. Scared the hell out of me.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:32 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 6

Are they going to make any files downloadable for 2K3 once it goes LIVE!....Perhaps some modified rosters with lower QB READ and VISION ratings could possibly help get more realistic CPU drop back into the pocket times and allow for more sacks, forced bad throws, scrambles...ect
Old 11-03-2002, 04:08 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

Reading the original post I'm struck by yet another 2K3 newcomer unable to deal rationally with the frustrations of the game's steep learning curve and it's very real flaws. This is too bad; in my opinion "20 full games" is not enough to get even marginally skilled at this game. It takes more time than this to become familiar enough with a playbook ( which are far superior to Madden's by the way) to be able to read the defense and call on-the-fly audibles effectivel, both of which are crucial for offensive enjoyment.

Although some of the flaws mentioned are legit and really detract from the game, it amazes me that people are still bummed about the drops. I play with the passing slider maxed out past all-pro and rarely get drops. In order to complete passes in this game it is essential to read the defense to anticipate who will get open, only then will your receiver get enough separation to make the catch (unless his catch rating is very high, i.e. Bruce, etc.). For me, this makes for a realistic, intense and rewarding passing game. After having played 2K3 at this difficulty, I realize that in Madden I routinely throw (succesfully) to players who are clearly covered - I rarely hear people complaining and denouncing Madden for this very real and legit flaw.

The drops are caused by not enough separation, forcing the pass, and the fact that the cpu defenders use the swat,intercept move that rips the ball from your receiver. If you practice defense you can use this technique to force drops by the cpu players as well. To be blunt, if you get more drops than the cpu you need to practice, bottom line.

When you figure this stuff out the game becomes much more enjoyable. Some people cannot live with less than 12 sacks per season and for them Madden is the way to go.

The game has real, serious flaws and bugs to be sure, but some of those listed in the original post are not among them. The drops and player progression for example. Player progression occurs after pre-season, after every 4th game of the reg. season, and immediately after the offseason. Personally, I'm extremely dissapointed by some of the mechanics of player progression, there are some serious bugs here as well.

Tackling is also a non-issue. Tackling is childs play on pro defaults.

The sad thing to me is that alot of hard-core sim enthusiasts are missing out on (in my opinion, having played both games alot) the best strategic football game on the market because they lack the gameplay skills needed to conquer the learning curve. I hardly ever play other video games and don't consider myself that great at "video game skills", but taking the time to develop skill in this game will be rewarding for most and will definately cut down on the "I've played 2K3 for a week and I suck at it (oh, sorry I mean- 2K3 Sucks!) posts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2002, 11:41 PM   #86
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

its amazing how one rental will change your opinion on something so controversial.

If you recall i used to hate 2k as well and always debated with sega fans about how much bettter madden was. But then i rented this pile of crap just to get a few chuckles, and ended up having some of the most fun games i have ever played. I also rented madden and i didnt have any fun. I just couldnt get into it. I still dont like Segas graphics but i love the gameplay and thats what i think it boils down to.

So i took a complete 360 on NFL, the college game still belongs to EA though.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:37 AM   #87
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey Big, you mean u did a 180 right??

After sifting thru all these posts, ive noticed one thing - OS Pro Football is truly a Pro 2k forum. But there is nothin' wrong with that at all. Personally, I like Madden, but i used to like 2k on DC and Madden before that. 2k is a change of pace, and even w/all its faults, a solid FB title. However, some of its faults are too repetitive and have been around from day 1.

Madden is not w/o reprieve here, but it comes down to personal taste.

Also, in defense of some posters here (Erod, Ps2Maddenman) who get blasted for being anti-2k, people, lighten up. Im sure there is something, whether it be a VG, or movie or music that u hate or dislike. Forums are supposed to be 'bout discussion, not flaming and bashing because ones opinions are different from yours, it is the USA people, and unless you wanna move to some 3rd world country where everyone is forced to have the same opinion.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:02 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not mad as hell at you, it's just your opinion. I'm mad as hell at EA that we can't play Madden on Xbox Live like it was meant to be played!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »