Home

Week 12: San Francisco 49ers (9-1) @ Batlimore Ravens (7-3)

This is a discussion on Week 12: San Francisco 49ers (9-1) @ Batlimore Ravens (7-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Week 12: San Francisco 49ers (9-1) @ Batlimore Ravens (7-3)

When the schedule came out, most thought the intriguing part of this game would be the Harbaugh brothers squaring off, instead it's two very good teams going head to head.

This will be the best defense the 49ers have played this season. I don't think either team will be able to run the ball, so it's going to come down to Alex Smith vs Joe Flacco and who makes the least amount of mistakes.

I'm hoping for a Lions win eariler in the day and a 49ers win that night. If that happens, 49ers become the NFC leader for home field advantage. Also if the 49ers win and Seahawks lose Sunday, 49ers clinch the NFC West.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 12: San Francisco 49ers (9-1) @ Batlimore Ravens (7-3)

I disagree actually. If they're smart, the 9ers will run the ball and stick to the run. As good as the Ravens run D is, Gore/Hunter could get 30 to 40 carries between them and really make it tough on the Ravens in the 4th quarter (assuming the game is still close). It also keeps the D fresh and generally limits turnovers. Considering how that coaching staff has stuck to it's guns since before the season started, I don't think they'll change anything unless getting behind by too much.

On the other side, I HOPE the Ravens stick to the run too. Rice is insane and Ricky is worthy of another 10 carries of his own. All of the above apply for the Ravens too. If things go as they should, this game will probably bore some people (but would be great to me). I'm not sure if Ray Lewis will be back either which would open up the running option more too.

Really worried about this game... sad thing is, I'm not worried about a win or a loss. I wouldn't be too mad with a loss if they play a good game. I'm worried that Cameron will overcoach again, not running just bc the 9ers have a good run defense and/or are stacking the box. I'm not convinced they're over that crap yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm sure both teams will have a ton of carries, I just don't know if many yards will be gained on the ground.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I'm sure both teams will have a ton of carries, I just don't know if many yards will be gained on the ground.
Maybe, maybe not. But I think both shouldn't give up on the run either way. That's where I think the 9ers history so far this year gives me more confidence they will stick to their guns. Play action should be big for both of these teams. As good as both defenses are, they also both have RBs that will require 8 in the box to really stop.

Most importantly, neither of these teams want this game to be left in the hands of it's QB. Both QBs have shown promise in balanced attacks. If either has to throw more than 30 times, I don't think you can be all that mad if they screw up... with these defenses, they will.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Neither defense is going to let the other team run so we're going to see Alex Smith vs Joe Flacco.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Maybe, maybe not. But I think both shouldn't give up on the run either way. That's where I think the 9ers history so far this year gives me more confidence they will stick to their guns. Play action should be big for both of these teams. As good as both defenses are, they also both have RBs that will require 8 in the box to really stop.

Most importantly, neither of these teams want this game to be left in the hands of it's QB. Both QBs have shown promise in balanced attacks. If either has to throw more than 30 times, I don't think you can be all that mad if they screw up... with these defenses, they will.
SF never puts 8 in the box. Not necessary, not when you have the 2 best sideline to sideline LB's in the league. Whitney and Goldson are both very good in recognizing run and coming up in support, without busting their responsibilities. Another little known fact is that SF almost never blitz. They bring 4 or less on damn near every play, in fact, they didn't blitz Arizona 1 single time on Sunday.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 11-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
SF never puts 8 in the box. Not necessary, not when you have the 2 best sideline to sideline LB's in the league. Whitney and Goldson are both very good in recognizing run and coming up in support, without busting their responsibilities. Another little known fact is that SF almost never blitz. They bring 4 or less on damn near every play, in fact, they didn't blitz Arizona 1 single time on Sunday.

Should say Whitner there but I'm on my iPhone and cant figure out how to edit on here haha
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 11-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Goldson NOT suspended for anyone wondering.

Something mentioned in the game against AZ I thought was intresting,the 49ers lead the league in average starting position on both sides of the ball. Maybe not after those FG flubs but they did on Sunday.

The Ravens have the second most turnovers on offense (well tied with the Jets and Rams) but the second most takeaways on defense only behind the 49ers.

Very intresting game. The Ravens have had some shaky games so I'll say a 15-9 49ers win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »