Home

James Harrison Suspended 1 Game for Hit On McCoy

This is a discussion on James Harrison Suspended 1 Game for Hit On McCoy within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: James Harrison Suspended 1 Game for Hit On McCoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Generally speaking, that's true. But Clark has also repeatedly blindly launched his helmet into too many players, and usually defenseless WRs catching floating balls (situations that aren't really bang bang). They need to watch Troy tackle.
I would agree, but to ask anyone to tackle like Troy Polamalu is asking a bit much. Troy is a ludicrously gifted athlete, something that Clark is not. Troy doesn't need to try to hit people like that to knock the ball loose, he usually is able to get to the ball to knock it down or pick it off.

I don't think I said it in this thread but I wish the Steelers would suspend him for another game to show him that they aren't going to put up with the fifteen yard penalties and the suspensions and bring a bad rep onto a team that is pretty damn clean and classy other than Harrison and a few hits from Clark. You never see Woodley, Timmons, Farrior, Polamalu, Keisel, Taylor, none of them doing anything like that. Harrison has obviously been taught at some point that its more profitable for him and his team to tackle that way and for a time in the NFL it was but he needs to stop being so stubborn and change that, he's hurting his team by getting suspended for the 49ers game and he hurt his team on Thursday night with the fifteen yard penalty, its not just about him getting fined and losing his money, he needs to be a team player and he's not doing that by putting those kinds of hits on quarterbacks or any other player. And that's not even starting a conversation on player safety.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

Last edited by SteelersFreak; 12-13-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #34
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I said it in the game thread, but if he keeps his head up, he probably still knocks McCoy out because of the way McCoy opened himself up to be leveled. It would have probably been legal then (knowing the NFL, they'd still have flagged him) and he would have avoided suspension. But, he continues to lower his head, and until he can stop doing that, I agree with the league.
That's the problem, and to be honest Harrison did it all on his own.

Anytime a player builds himself up to have the type of reputation Harrison has anything that is 60/40 or 50/50 he is going to get flagged. Suh is going to be following in Harrison's footsteps because he's too stupid to know any better.

If Harrison cleaned his act up, or at the very least said "Hey, I hit him wrong that's my bad I'll try to correct it." he wouldn't catch so much flack for it.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #35
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They need to make the penalty harsher.

First offense, 3 game suspension without pay, PLUS a $200,000 fine.

Repeat offender, 8 game suspension without pay, PLUS $500,000 fine.

Guarantee you start hitting these dudes DEEP in the pocket, they are going to clean up their act REAL QUICK.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Based on what exactly?

14 Steelers credited with 46 tackles and 24 assists in the game.

2 of them were personal fouls.
Not talking about the steelers. Talking more in general. I just remember watching one of the games this weekend where a perfect tackle was performed an got flagged. Gave the other team a first down instead of punting. Hell they even laughed about it on ESPN.
Glad he's getting suspended. If he would just keep his damn head up when he tackles he wouldn't get in trouble so much.

Sent from Jesus EVO
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #37
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Not talking about the steelers. Talking more in general. I just remember watching one of the games this weekend where a perfect tackle was performed an got flagged. Gave the other team a first down instead of punting. Hell they even laughed about it on ESPN.
Glad he's getting suspended. If he would just keep his damn head up when he tackles he wouldn't get in trouble so much.

Sent from Jesus EVO
Pretty sure that was Chicago/Denver. I remember Mo yelling about something regarding it.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #38
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Rules are rules, and this clown can not seem to get his act together. There are plenty of players out there that are still big hitters, but they've learned to adapt to the new rules that are in place.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I said it in the game thread, but if he keeps his head up, he probably still knocks McCoy out because of the way McCoy opened himself up to be leveled. It would have probably been legal then (knowing the NFL, they'd still have flagged him) and he would have avoided suspension. But, he continues to lower his head, and until he can stop doing that, I agree with the league.
Which is why I don't agree with the rule changes. Harrison did need to be suspended under these rules, but the rules are bad. Like you said, if he keeps his head up, he still hits him in the face mask with his face mask and gets a flag. If he uses proper technique he still hits him in the face mask with his.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
I'm so sick of the "you can't change angles" argument. If he wasn't leading with his head to begin with(which is why the hit was deemed illegal) he wouldn't of had to change angles.

I don't know about any of you, but if you played football at ANY level please tell me of one coach that taught you how to tackle like that.

This. When I played, from pigskin, to JV, to Varisty, coaches always taught you to tackle with your shoulder. Hell, they even teach that in the NFL because that's how players hit the tackle dummies--with their shoulders. I've never seen an NFL player hit a tackle dummy with his head.

- Michael Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »