Home

If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once?

This is a discussion on If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once?
Yes 66 83.54%
No 13 16.46%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #33
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once?

Of course there is

I'm being called arrogant and ignorant because of MY opinion and yet when I changed it, I'm STILL being ignorant and arrogant
Old 12-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Of course there is

I'm being called arrogant and ignorant because of MY opinion and yet when I changed it, I'm STILL being ignorant and arrogant
I can only speak for myself. I feel that your opinion is ignorant and arrogant. Based off of your post throughout OS I know your not that guy. Honestly I want the Packers to go undefeated until the Super Bowl. I'd love the Pats(if they somehow make it) to face GB and have a shot to break the unbeaten season.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
There is no opinion being based at all. The fact is that thinking any NFL team would be another 100 out of 100 times is asinine.
He's changed his opinion, plus, I don't know how he voted on the poll, but there are 4 or 5 others who thought the way Pack thought before.

I could maybe see if there was only 1 vote up there.

Edit--Aw, heck, I saw your post above after I clicked post reply button. Understood.

Last edited by roadman; 12-14-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I can respect that, Aero.

Do I feel that I was being ignorant or arrogant? No I don't because that's how I(Packman)feel(or did feel). Was actually surprised a thread was made about it because I've said worse/crazy/ridiculous stuff than that and not a peep was made LOL.

Do I think the posts I read about Tebow and "how he wills his team to win" and the "POWER OF TEBOW" are arrogant and ignorant because it's as if people are giving him FULL credit for a TEAM win? No I don't. It's ridiculous to even insinuate it but I don't think it's ignorant nor is it arrogant.(For the record, I am not comparing the two but stating how ridiculous those comments are as much as mine was)
Old 12-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #37
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Do I feel that I was being ignorant or arrogant? No I don't because that's how I(Packman)feel(or did feel). Was actually surprised a thread was made about it because I've said worse/crazy/ridiculous stuff than that and not a peep was made LOL.
FWIW my intention wasn't to point you out specifically, since you weren't the only one that I recall saying that in that thread. I also don't think believing it makes you arrogant or ignorant...just think that rationally speaking it's hard to see any team winning 100x out of 100 over another. Doesn't mean I think the Packers are any less great or the Colts are any less horrible than their record indicates.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 12-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #38
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Assuming all of the 100 games are independent instances (same players at the same performance level, same coaching staffs, no injuries carrying over between games, etc. etc.; basically hold as much constant as possible), I can't fathom a scenario in which the 2011 Colts beat the 2011 Packers even once.

That's more a testament to the Colts being a really bad football team than the Packers being a collection of all-time greats. I mean, throw out all the hypotheticals, what sort of gameplan could the Colts employ to beat the Packers, and with what personnel do they execute it with?

Yeah, "any given Sunday", 21-game win streak playing against different teams over the course of a brutal football season being the longest win streak ever, and so on and so on, but again, exactly how do the Colts beat the Packers even once, assuming each of the 100 times they line up it is as if the two teams are meeting this Sunday?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

In my opinion I do think it is arrogant and ignorant to think a team would beat another team 100 straight times. I don't know how you could possibly come to that conclusion being completely rational.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Assuming all of the 100 games are independent instances (same players at the same performance level, same coaching staffs, no injuries carrying over between games, etc. etc.; basically hold as much constant as possible), I can't fathom a scenario in which the 2011 Colts beat the 2011 Packers even once.
What do you mean same players at the same performance level? You mean the performance the Colts were putting out earlier this year or when they quit? LOL. Now we're getting too many if's. A players performance changes every game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »