Home

Week 17: San Diego Chargers (7-8) @ Oakland Raiders (8-7)

This is a discussion on Week 17: San Diego Chargers (7-8) @ Oakland Raiders (8-7) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #73
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 17: San Diego Chargers (7-8) @ Oakland Raiders (8-7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
I was actually being facetous! I didn't think they would retain both Turner and Smith. Wow.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...mith-keep-jobs

Yep, you jinxed us man!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #74
Rookie

Zezoina's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Last year Hasselbeck was hurt for a bulk of it and came back for the playoffs. The Denver team we see now is the same team we'll see next week. Big difference.
I wasn't referring to the teams in specific, I used Seattle as an example to respond to someone who said by the point differential you could see who bad a team was.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezoina
I wasn't referring to the teams in specific, I used Seattle as an example to respond to someone who said by the point differential you could see who bad a team was.
Not sure how that matters. Last year's Seahawks were a different team in the playoffs than they were when they obtained that record bc they got their borderline probowl QB back. If he were healthy all year they probably would've had a better record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #76
Rookie

Zezoina's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Not sure how that matters. Last year's Seahawks were a different team in the playoffs than they were when they obtained that record bc they got their borderline probowl QB back. If he were healthy all year they probably would've had a better record.
That's what I'm trying to say, that some stats and records of a team may not indicate how good or how bad a team is.

Last edited by Zezoina; 01-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #77
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezoina
That's what I'm trying to say, that some stats and records of a team may not indicate how good or how bad a team is.
What I'm saying is definitely not what you're trying to say. The Seahawks record last year was based on not having one of the better QBs in the league for most of the season. If he didn't play in that playoff game I'd bet any amount of money they would've lost. They were a completely different team with Hasselbeck. The Broncos are going to be the same team next week that they were last week. There isn't an important starter coming back to change their look, dynamic, and muddy the waters of how the opponent has to prepare for them.

It's not to say they can or can't win, it's just a bad example bc of the different situations. The example of the Cards given earlier is a better one, but even that was a season where Leinart started and Warner convinced them to let him play and run the offense the way he wanted, so even that's not really a good example. The dynamic of the team changed. We already know what we're going to get from the Broncos. If they win, it'll be doing what they've done. That wasn't the case with the Seahawks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »