Home

Colts - Andrew Luck or RGIII?

This is a discussion on Colts - Andrew Luck or RGIII? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #33
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Colts (or whoever has #1 overall) - Andrew Luck or RGIII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
An important factor to consider here is that Griffin is close to Vick's size, but lacks his elusiveness and scrambling ability. Griffin III can run and run well, but he's not the elite scrambler Vick was in his day. I'd compare his running ability to McNabb or Newton before Vick. Griffin is smaller than Newton obviously, and has a different running style of course, but there are similarities as well.

I think Griffin III is going to be smarter than Vick, McNabb, Newton, or any other QB save Andrew Luck to come out this year. He is a real professional through and through and I think he's going to make an NFL team very happy.

That being said, Luck will go #1.
Pure guess on my part, nothing more than a hunch, but I believe Griffin will be better than Vick or McNabb ever were. I think Griffin will be a perennial pro bowler and a game changer. Predicting QB's in near impossible, but that's how I see him playing out.

Great touch, lightning quick release to go with all the the other athletic skills.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:26 AM   #34
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Luck is going to be the #1 pick w/o a doubt. He's athletic, he's smart, and he's a better passer than RGIII. With that being said, i think RGIII should TRANSFER to Wisconsin like Russell Wilson. I mean, Wisconsin still has Ball (going to be a senior), White (junior), Abbrederis (a walk-on who will get a scholarship)... RGIII should stay and transfer because then with the Wisconsin talent to help him out, he will be on a better team than Baylor, he will then be the best QB in the draft IMO, and he will be at a great school for academics which will help a lot if he is an nfl bust. If he stays in school he will be more suited for success IMO. Think about it.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 AM   #35
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Luck is going to be the #1 pick w/o a doubt. He's athletic, he's smart, and he's a better passer than RGIII. With that being said, i think RGIII should TRANSFER to Wisconsin like Russell Wilson. I mean, Wisconsin still has Ball (going to be a senior), White (junior), Abbrederis (a walk-on who will get a scholarship)... RGIII should stay and transfer because then with the Wisconsin talent to help him out, he will be on a better team than Baylor, he will then be the best QB in the draft IMO, and he will be at a great school for academics which will help a lot if he is an nfl bust. If he stays in school he will be more suited for success IMO. Think about it.
With that said, I think you're a Wisconsin fan.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #36
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
He'd have to sit out a year, wouldn't he? And that would use up his remaining eligibility, wouldn't it?

That said, holy sweet mother that'd be awesome. The Badgers have never had a player that was even close to that explosive and fun to watch.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Luck. RGIII plays in a conference with no real defense. An NFL defense will probably tear him up.....(except the Browns, of course).
Old 12-31-2011, 03:58 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Luck. RGIII plays in a conference with no real defense. An NFL defense will probably tear him up.....(except the Browns, of course).
The Pac 12 isn't exactly loaded with defense either.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
He'd have to sit out a year, wouldn't he? And that would use up his remaining eligibility, wouldn't it?

That said, holy sweet mother that'd be awesome. The Badgers have never had a player that was even close to that explosive and fun to watch.
No way in hell that happens with how much RG3 loves Baylor but, I'm almost positive he wouldn't have to sit out a year. Doesn't he already have his degree from Baylor? If he went to Wisconsin for Grad School he wouldn't have to sit out a year (ala Wilson this year) and even if he did, I'm almost positive that sitting out a year doesn't use up an eligibility spot, that would defeat the purpose.

Oh and Luck goes #1 without question.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well as far as luck, hes way too overrated. He plays terrible defenses, and the one good defense he played, Oregon,he got killed by, I'm sure he could match up with SEC defenses, let alone NFL.

Well RGIII is an interesting character, he also faces those mediocre defenses and gets way to much credit. Did anyone see the record breaking Bowl game he was in? He did some great things against a semi good defense. And they hardly scraped by that game!

In my opinion, they are both either bad quarterbacks facing bad defences, or good quarterbacks facing bad defenses, but for some reason can't play as they want, or can.

Concluding this rant, I would like to say, overall my choise for the number 1 pick is...... Andrew Luck!
Even though he is overrated, he could make a fine NFL QB under Peyton Mannings eye. I dont believe having RGIII under Peyton's wing will produce the type of QB that Luck will. A potential pro-bowler and super bowl QB.

Lol if u read all of that then thanks! It's a lot!

Typed with a iPod so it took a while lol!

Last edited by doggylion; 12-31-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Adding stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »