Home

AFC Divisional Weekend: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Weekend: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #57
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: AFC Divisional Weekend: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i dont see how the ravens can lose this game, .

Really? You don't?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Really? You don't?
They have a chance, but let's not act like this injured Texans team is a Super Bowl contender. They're solid, and if they can get the run game going they can win, but I don't see that happening against the Ravens. And TJ Yates throwing all over the place against Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and that defense, on the road, I don't see that either. But we'll see.

I think the Ravens win fairly comfortably, not a blowout, but probably around the same score as last time(29-14).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #59
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
They have a chance, but let's not act like this injured Texans team is a Super Bowl contender. They're solid, and if they can get the run game going they can win, but I don't see that happening against the Ravens. And TJ Yates throwing all over the place against Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and that defense, on the road, I don't see that either. But we'll see.

I think the Ravens win fairly comfortably, not a blowout, but probably around the same score as last time(29-14).
I don't know what's going to happen, but to act like this Texans team ISNT a Super Bowl contender, thats pretty dumb. They're one of the final 8 teams remaining and if they win on Sunday, they'll be one of the final four teams remaining. Besides, his comment had nothing to do with Super Bowl contention anyway. It had to do with "gee, I don't see ANNNNNNNNY way how these guys can win against the big, bad Ravens"

Yates won't be "throwing all over the place". That hasn't been the Texans calling card this year at all.

And that 29-14 score is not nearly indicative of what happened in that game, as I've gone over ad nauseum.

What I'm trying to say is that neither the Ravens nor the Texans have any main advantage in this game, aside from home field. I think I saw a record of home teams in divisional games since 2005 is 12-12. Both teams have questions at QB, amazing running games, strong OL, and great D. It all comes down to what Andre Johnson does to space the field for the Texans and whether Flacco is Flaccid or not.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 01-12-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
I don't know what's going to happen, but to act like this Texans team ISNT a Super Bowl contender, thats pretty dumb. They're one of the final 8 teams remaining and if they win on Sunday, they'll be one of the final four teams remaining. Besides, his comment had nothing to do with Super Bowl contention anyway. It had to do with "gee, I don't see ANNNNNNNNY way how these guys can win against the big, bad Ravens"

Yates won't be "throwing all over the place". That hasn't been the Texans calling card this year at all.

And that 29-14 score is not nearly indicative of what happened in that game, as I've gone over ad nauseum.
I don't see it. Do you think the Broncos are SB contenders? The Seahawks last year? The Texans got a good draw in the first round in a very down year for the AFC. Congrats to them on making the Playoffs, and winning that last game, but they are injured as heck and are putting a rookie QB against one of the best defenses in the league on the road. And Yates will have to throw all over the place if they can't get Foster going against the 2nd best run defense in the NFL(Foster was held to under 49 yards the first matchup, and Schaub was fairly mediocre because of it, although Andre didn't play that game).

EDIT: I had your post quoted but was busy watching the IU game so I didn't see your edit.. anyway I think the Texans have a much bigger question at QB and home field is home field. It's still an advantage whether it hasn't been since 2005 or not. If you stack them up like you did, yeah it looks good, but I think the Texans offense vs the Ravens defense favors the Ravens much more than the Texans D against the Ravens O. If that makes sense.

Last edited by z Revis; 01-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that neither the Ravens nor the Texans have any main advantage in this game, aside from home field. I think I saw a record of home teams in divisional games since 2005 is 12-12.
Actually ALL playoff games since 2005 come in at 37-27 home team, which is a pretty narrow edge (58%) for the home team.

Ravens have had some really impressive victories at home beating Houston handily, smoking Pittsburgh in the season opener, halting a hot Frisco team and battering and exposing the Jets.

I'm just saying...............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #62
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

*shrug* I guess we'll see.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
*shrug* I guess we'll see.
I'm not trying to disrespect the Texans, and to be clear considering I'm a Colts fan, I couldn't care less if the Texans won. And I'm not sitting here saying the Texans don't have a chance, but I'm not looking at this game and thinking it's anyones ball game either. Both teams are similar. They both have good defenses, run games, all that, but defenses and running games don't play each other. And I think the Ravens, given how good they are and have always been against the run, and that they shut down Foster last game, that D against Yates and Co. has a big advantage in my opinion. And if Baltimore comes out putting up points early, and forcing the Texans to throw, it could get ugly.

But as you said, we'll see. If Houston's defense can contain Rice and hold the Ravens to FG's, that'll go a long way and the Texans could steal one.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #64
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

You may not think you're disrespecting the Texans but you're discrediting the living **** out of them.

Why do you think they shut down the run game last game? Perhaps you should download a copy of the game and watch it instead of looking at numbers.

Or, maybe I can save you some time. Houston DID stop Rice for three quarter and DID hold the Ravens to field goals. Five of them. Unfortunately, since Andre Johnson wasn't there and Foster/Tate were still working their way back into the offense after missing time before that game, the Ravens were able to stack the box every single time out. This prevented the running game from getting going, but more importantly, it prevented the Houston Offense from staying in the field. Consequently, the Houston D, which played REAL well through three quarters, got very worn down towards the end. That is when Rice and Flacco started having their way with the Defense. Oh, the game was 19-14 early in the 4th, so who's gonna sit there and tell me the Ravens are just "that much better"? That's not even MENTIONING the awful no-call for Flacco that should have been intentional grounding on the first drive of the game, and the two HORRENDOUS personal foul calls on Antonio Smith that led to the first seven points for Baltimore.

I'm really, really sorry to come off so harsh, but frankly I'm so ****ing sick of this discrediting and I'm so sick of having to type this out every single time.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 01-12-2012 at 11:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »