Home

NFC Divisional Weekend: New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Weekend: New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: AFC Divisional Weekend: New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by krong1170
Saints D vs. 49ers D. I wonder who'll win that one.....

Well played.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NFC Divisional Weekend: New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers

I've already started the trash talk at my place of employment. Sports are great! Where else can you brag on accomplishments you had absolutely nothing to do with?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The Niners have to hope for some crappy weather or they have a very tough game ahead of them. I'm conflicted, I'm a guy that likes to see the traditional teams have a resurgence but the Saints are just so damn good. I think a lot of this hinges on how well the Niners' secondary holds up against the Saints passing attack.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Reading some of the early coverage, one of the things that's funny to me is that people never talk about the matchups when they say that the Saints can't play outside, all they do is compare the points scored at home to points scored on the road outdoors. Also, I'm really interested in seeing if Patrick Willis do nothing against the Saints again. Reggie always had his best games against the 49ers with Willis being a complete nonfactor and unable to cover if he had to.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #13
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Well the 49ers have more than just Willis, Navarro Bowman has played just as well if not better than Willis at LB this season. They have one of the best 3-4 Fronts in Football, Justin Smith just eats double teams, and they have a very talented, young pass rusher in Aldon Smith.

This is the most disciplined, fundamentally sound Defense that New Orleans will face all season, and I think they will hold them to under 30 points. (providing SF doesn't turn the ball over Offensively too much) The Saints will struggle to run the ball consistently against this D', which in turn will effect the Play-action fakes they love to go to so much. Also Carlos Rogers has had some good games against Brees in the past, and he's been a playmaking type CB this season, If Drew let's one get away he will pick it off unlike Detroits DBs.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

At the same time, this is the best offense the 49ers have gone against by far and they haven't been immune to getting yards put up against them. The Saints also have one of the most talented guard tandem in the league so we'll just have to see who plays better next week.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Agree with Jmood. This game is going to have a much different pace and feel to it then Detroit/New Orleans did. The 49ers are going to do their best to Shorten the game, grind the clock out with the run, and keep the Saints Offense off the field as long as possible.

Where as Detroit tried to keep pace with the Saints, and go score for score for them... As they did not have much of a run game to work with. Which didn't work out so well.

Really this game is the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object. One side is going to give in. I think a few key Defensive plays will be the difference in this game, Turnovers will be at a premium, and the team that can cause a key Turnover or a few will walk out the winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

What is the weather like in San Fran during January? I think if the Saints can get ahead early and force San Fran to throw the ball they'll be alright. The Saints can't afford any turnovers period this game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »