Home

AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots

This is a discussion on AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I'd seriously trust my non-sports watching little brother to analyze better than Skip Bayless.
True, once he supports someone (e.g. Tebow) or knocks them (e.g. Flacco[Fluke-O], Lebron James) he sticks with it.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

It still amazes me people are still on the Flacco sucks train... even the media. We're not at the part of the season where most are only seeing highlights and stats. Yesterday Matt Birk and Oher got abused while Yanda fought through an injury. The oline was laughable and Houston's #2 overall D dominated it. How is that on Flacco?

Rice couldn't find room to run, even on multiple plays where they only needed a yard. Do we all of a sudden think he sucks too? Probably not but we'll ignore that part and hammer Flacco, lol. Despite the heavy pressure (including 5 sacks) and no running game, Flacco passed for 2 TDs and had no turnovers. And just as I saw all season, WRs/TEs dropped passes on the money and Cam's refused to call many screens, bunches, pick plays, etc. despite the Texans D SCREAMING for them.

It probably seems like I think Flacco can do no wrong which is FAR from the truth, but I think I come out of every game scratching my head trying to figure out where the attacks on him are coming from. No idea what he could be criticized for in this game. Hell, against the #2 D in the playoffs he "managed" the game like Brady, Big Ben and Peyton in similar situations in the past. Dude's not elite but what do you want from him?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It still amazes me people are still on the Flacco sucks train... even the media. We're not at the part of the season where most are only seeing highlights and stats. Yesterday Matt Birk and Oher got abused while Yanda fought through an injury. The oline was laughable and Houston's #2 overall D dominated it. How is that on Flacco?

Rice couldn't find room to run, even on multiple plays where they only needed a yard. Do we all of a sudden think he sucks too? Probably not but we'll ignore that part and hammer Flacco, lol. Despite the heavy pressure (including 5 sacks) and no running game, Flacco passed for 2 TDs and had no turnovers. And just as I saw all season, WRs/TEs dropped passes on the money and Cam's refused to call many screens, bunches, pick plays, etc. despite the Texans D SCREAMING for them.

It probably seems like I think Flacco can do no wrong which is FAR from the truth, but I think I come out of every game scratching my head trying to figure out where the attacks on him are coming from. No idea what he could be criticized for in this game. Hell, against the #2 D in the playoffs he "managed" the game like Brady, Big Ben and Peyton in similar situations in the past. Dude's not elite but what do you want from him?
I mostly agree with you. Houston has a bad *** D, and Flacco handled himself quite well, despite pressure. He's a good QB. Hopefully NE finds that out.

Last edited by JayBee74; 01-16-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #60
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Just say ***, no need to bypass the profanity filter.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Just say ***, no need to bypass the profanity filter.
Gotcha----
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

I've been saying this about Alex Smith for years now. Too many people don't know what they're looking at when they watch games and it's easy to just blame QB's for everything, even with bad protection, bad playcalling and lack of weapons to throw to. Flacco is a good QB (Alex Smith too), plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
I've been saying this about Alex Smith for years now. Too many people don't know what they're looking at when they watch games and it's easy to just blame QB's for everything, even with bad protection, bad playcalling and lack of weapons to throw to. Flacco is a good QB (Alex Smith too), plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl.
The only thing about Smith is that his situation has been different. On one hand he's been going through different head coaches and OC's yearly, and on the other hand his team has been unsuccessful and fallen short of expectations. Neither are a knock on him but both create a situation to support criticism of him. THIS year, continuing to knock him made no sense though and I'm glad he got to prove that on the grand stage... and not just by winning the game but having a huge role in the victory.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #64
Banned

Bondgirl0072's Arena

OVR: 11

I hope Baltimore wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »