Home

NFC Championship Game: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on NFC Championship Game: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFC Championship Game: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I didn't read this thread except for the last page....Talk of the Saints and Packers as frauds? PUH-LEEZE. What's wrong with some of you people? I guess every domed team that made the playoff in NFL history were frauds too? As far as GB goes they were going against a team that has hit its peak at the right time. The Giants under Coughlin tend to get hot when it gets to the nitty gritty.

ANYWAYS....

I'm really excited to watch this game. This'll be classic era '80s/'90s playoff football right here with two teams that are at their best when they play a physical, tough defensive oriented game. I could see this one going down to the wire and i'm cheering for the Niners to win it.
Nope, just the ones who proved they were no where near as effective outdoors and on the road as they were inside and at home. Just the ones who played like the Saints yesterday and coughed the ball up 5 times as soon as they felt a gust of wind.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #58

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Summed up my point exactly.

I say a negative about a team, call them frauds for it. That is not an argument unless you can give an example of a "non-fraud"

Were the 07 Patriots a fraud because they lost one game? Or were the Giants the fraud that year? By you're method, every team in the league is a fraud. By this logic I can say the Eagles are a fraud of being a bad team. They were better than they played. What frauds!
Which quite simply doesn't exist for playoff teams.

All teams have weaknesses, put NO playoff team should ever be called a fraud.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Summed up my point exactly.

I say a negative about a team, call them frauds for it. That is not an argument unless you can give an example of a "non-fraud"

Were the 07 Patriots a fraud because they lost one game? Or were the Giants the fraud that year? By you're method, every team in the league is a fraud. By this logic I can say the Eagles are a fraud of being a bad team. They were better than they played. What frauds!
No, that's not my logic at all, as I just explained to the other person who attempted to extend my position to an appeal to ridicule by overextending the point I'm trying to make. No, not every team that plays well and loses in the post season is a fraud, the teams that over and over prove their extremely effective in one setting and below average in another are frauds, if you have to play in a dome to be an effective football team you're not an effective football team.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiGodzillla
Nope, just the ones who proved they were no where near as effective outdoors and on the road as they were inside and at home. Just the ones who played like the Saints yesterday and coughed the ball up 5 times as soon as they felt a gust of wind.
Wait, did the Saints get taken to the woodshed? That was a game to the wire, the high seed won the game. The Saints were no fraud.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #61

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
No, that's not my logic at all, as I just explained to the other person who attempted to extend my position to an appeal to ridicule by overextending the point I'm trying to make. No, not every team that plays well and loses in the post season is a fraud, the teams that over and over prove their extremely effective in one setting and below average in another are frauds, if you have to play in a dome to be an effective football team you're not an effective football team.
You are brutalizing the meaning of the word fraud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #62
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
i dont thinks its dome vs non dome its just winning on the road is hard to do in the playoffs. What are the home teams this year like 7-1 so far?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #63
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

This one's a really tough pick. I think both teams are great football teams. I love teams that know how to run the ball and play defense. We know the 49ers can do that from the regular season stats. I think the Giants can do it, too; they just had some injury trouble during the regular season.

I like the Giants better as a team, but traveling all the way across the country makes things really difficult for them. I'll still give them the edge because of Manning, but this is a really close one.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Whatever happened to the other team outplayed the other team for whatever reason.

I wouldn't consider the Saints frauds under your disguise and I wouldn't even think the Pack as frauds because they got beat by a good sound hot team and played their worst game of the season.

Oh my.................

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »