Home

Terrell Owens is Broke

This is a discussion on Terrell Owens is Broke within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Terrell Owens is Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Here's a perfect example of child support. My dad pays 160 every week in child support for me an my sister. My mom hasn't worked in 5yrs because she doesn't have to due to the child support. Me an my sister don't see any of that money because it pays the bills. I feel bad for my dad because I know how much he makes an I never want to be in his position. Child support will end once my sister graduates this summer. My mom just told me that an she says she's going to have to start looking for a job.........that pissed me off an that's why child support is ridiculous most of the time.

Sent from Jesus EVO
How can your mother not work if she's getting only $640 a month in child support? Or is that $1280 a month?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Very interesting conversation about athletes and child support here but 100K a year is not why TO's going broke. From what I can tell, he's been going above and beyond for family and friends like the money was never ending. In his defense, it's very possible he had no problem paying the child support and gave even more in other ways. Just saying, we shouldn't tie him to that stereotype just bc he's an athlete with kids out of wedlock. Now lumping him with athletes that didn't manage insane amounts of money is perfectly fine imo.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub78
100% agreed.

I cant believe people are defending the child support system. It is completely and utterly broken.
Nobody is defending it. I'm just arguing that Owens is using this **** as a red herring. His 400k a year in child support isn't the reason he's broke. The guy made 80 mil (45-50 after taxes) (not counting endorsements) and has only been paying this much for 5 years or so. ****, at most he's lost 3-6 million from child support.

Lets break it down to simple math. The average cost of raising a child 230k from birth to 18 (not even counting costs of college) (averages out to about a grand a month). TO's kids if they continue to get the same amount of child support (which they won't) through 18 will get 2.1 mil. Thats 10 times the average cost. Sounds like a lot right?

The average household income in America is 45k. TO's last major contract was 1 yr 6.5 million. TO made over 100% more than the average american family.

Y'all are actually trying to make the argument that TO (who made 100 times more than the average person) should pay the same as the average person? Thats fair to that kid? TO pays $500 bucks a month?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
How can your mother not work if she's getting only $640 a month in child support? Or is that $1280 a month?
I was thinking that too. I don't know many people who can live off of 15k a year and not work.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Disagree on all accounts

Can't discuss reasoning here

Only person to blame here is TO for procreating with these women. It was his choice
Do we actually know who these women are? I'm sure some are hood rats but how do we know these chicks could be upstanding women with careers. ****, I've known a few girls who've dated Owens and they weren't groupies or hood rats. Two of them graduated from two of the top law schools in America and are pretty well off. Mess around 1 or 2 of those chicks are decent upstanding women who just got knocked up. That does happen/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #46

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You forgot clothes on his back and, the same ability to see a doctor that his father has. (or at least 50% of medical insurance bills. More if there is a serious medical condition.)
Okay. Basic life necessities. I thought it was implied but I apologize for not being specific enough.

Also, I will state that it is not why he's broke. I just think he should not have to pay for more than the basic needs of the child. If he wants to, good for him. But it isn't the courts place to tell him to.

Tap'd in from the GNex

Last edited by ubernoob; 01-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #47
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Okay. Basic life necessities. I thought it was implied but I apologize for not being specific enough.
I know what you are saying we are pretty much agree on child support.

Quote:
Also, I will state that it is not why he's broke. I just think he should not have to pay for more than the basic needs of the child. If he wants to, good for him. But it isn't the courts place to tell him to.

Tap'd in from the GNex
Nor do I. I pretty much stated his ignorance and reliance on others to manage his money is the bigger issue here.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 55

What more does a 2 year old kid who can't even spell their own name need besides food, shelter, clothes and health care? Seriously, that stuff costs nowhere near 120k per year to provide. I know couples who bring in less than a third of that and their kids have plenty of clothes, toys, food to eat and are quite happy and healthy. This child support system is absurd.

These "baby mommas" make me sick. It takes two to tango, you know? Spin it any way you want, but a mature young lady with a decent head on her shoulders doesn't get knocked up "by accident" by these pro athletes. As soon as they meet them all they see is dollar signs and they do their damnedest to cash in any chance they can get. If that wasn't the case then why don't these broads make the men use protection, or take birth control pills, or better yet not even have sex with them at all? It's not like having an abortion isn't an option either (I am NOT trying to start a debate about that, just stating the obvious) but why figuratively rip up the lottery ticket in your body right?

Now, that's not to say that Owens (or any other pro athlete for that matter) is the victim here. He was also an idiot for getting involved with chicks like those and fooling around with them so irresponsibly when he has no intentions of having serious, meaningful relationships with any of them. He needs to be on guard about stuff like that and learn from the past mistakes of guys in similar situations like Shawn Kemp, Travis Henry, etc. etc.

In conclusion, while some of these pro athletes are completely careless when it comes to fooling around with these women, in no way should any of these women be entitled to 2 million dollars just because they had consensual sex with them and happened to become pregnant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »