Home

Terrell Owens is Broke

This is a discussion on Terrell Owens is Broke within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #49
Banned

rdub78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Terrell Owens is Broke

Was Owens an idiot?

Completely.

I am also not saying this is why he is broke. He is broke because he made dumb, idiotic decisions and probably trusted that scumbag Drew Rosenhaus a little too much.

The thread kinda broke down into its own debate about child support which I am sure was not the intention of the OP.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #50
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
What more does a 2 year old kid who can't even spell their own name need besides food, shelter, clothes and health care? Seriously, that stuff costs nowhere near 120k per year to provide. I know couples who bring in less than a third of that and their kids have plenty of clothes, toys, food to eat and are quite happy and healthy. This child support system is absurd.

These "baby mommas" make me sick. It takes two to tango, you know? Spin it any way you want, but a mature young lady with a decent head on her shoulders doesn't get knocked up "by accident" by these pro athletes. As soon as they meet them all they see is dollar signs and they do their damnedest to cash in any chance they can get. If that wasn't the case then why don't these broads make the men use protection, or take birth control pills, or better yet not even have sex with them at all? It's not like having an abortion isn't an option either (I am NOT trying to start a debate about that, just stating the obvious) but why figuratively rip up the lottery ticket in your body right?

Now, that's not to say that Owens (or any other pro athlete for that matter) is the victim here. He was also an idiot for getting involved with chicks like those and fooling around with them so irresponsibly when he has no intentions of having serious, meaningful relationships with any of them. He needs to be on guard about stuff like that and learn from the past mistakes of guys in similar situations like Shawn Kemp, Travis Henry, etc. etc.

In conclusion, while some of these pro athletes are completely careless when it comes to fooling around with these women, in no way should any of these women be entitled to 2 million dollars just because they had consensual sex with them and happened to become pregnant.
You're making A LOT of assumptions here, and based on absolutely nothing. It's always a one night stand or groupie? Could never been a relationship with someone, for years even, and just never get married... in some cases, get married and then divorced? I could go on but I'm going to leave it at that bc you're also coming dangerously close to things that would push the TOS. Dial back the abortion talk and birth control in general. But in short, "mature young ladies" make mistakes and get into situations just like everyone else. Not every situation of a woman having a child with an athlete is some groupie trying to cash in... and not every athlete is an absentee dad. People can feel one way or the other about what the law says they have to pay, but the law says they have to pay that amount even if they're willing to give more (and do). Way too many negative assumptions being tossed around about random men and women in these situations.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub78
Was Owens an idiot?

Completely.

I am also not saying this is why he is broke. He is broke because he made dumb, idiotic decisions and probably trusted that scumbag Drew Rosenhaus a little too much.

The thread kinda broke down into its own debate about child support which I am sure was not the intention of the OP.
Indeed, and that's fine. Just keeping things in a bit of perspective but the side debate is all good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
But in short, "mature young ladies" make mistakes and get into situations just like everyone else.
So she is rewarded with 2 million bucks for making a mistake?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
So she is rewarded with 2 million bucks for making a mistake?
She doesn't get 2 mil. If most of these people bothered to get decent attorneys they could structure it so that the mother is limited in what she can spend (set up trusts, pay for the education and child care directly). This isn't even close to just giving the mom a check for 120k year if you take an active role in parenting. I've represented people who have done this years ago. I have family members who have done the same thing. The system definitely isn't fair but there are things that a father can do to prevent the mom from taking advantage of the system.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #54
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

FYI, In that GQ article it does state that he had a relationship with one and a couple of one night stands if I'm not mistaken.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 01-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #55
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Y'all are actually trying to make the argument that TO (who made 100 times more than the average person) should pay the same as the average person? Thats fair to that kid? TO pays $500 bucks a month?
Fairness is very subjective. This kid getting 10-11X the childhood through teenage dollars as a kid whose mom didn't happen to get boinked by TO is fair? Is it a reward for having been the fastest swimmer in the biggest race one night?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #56
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
How can your mother not work if she's getting only $640 a month in child support? Or is that $1280 a month?
Don't want to get into too much detail but she doesn't have to pay rent either. Glad I'm going to college an making something of myself.

Sent from Jesus EVO

Last edited by iAM-IncReDiBLe-; 01-25-2012 at 11:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »