Home

Top WR prospects in this years draft...do you agree with this ranking?

This is a discussion on Top WR prospects in this years draft...do you agree with this ranking? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Top WR prospects in this years draft...do you agree with this ranking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Because I think Mayock is the best analyst on TV I have to agree with him on every player? Try again.

It's not like players being grossly overrated in the media because they play for Notre Dame is new or a secret .
Fair enough, but don't pretend like Floyd will be a bust because you say other ND players have been. He's big and fast and had great college numbers. I'm pretty sure he will be a good pro.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
Fair enough, but don't pretend like Floyd will be a bust because you say other ND players have been. He's big and fast and had great college numbers. I'm pretty sure he will be a good pro.
I agree.. I believe Floyd will be a beast in the league.. All I did was see him make plays every year at Notre Dame. I didn't see anything that showed me that he'll be a bust. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the pros..
Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
He never made plays in big moments and the majority of his success was against inferior competition. Being big and fast is great, but there's a ton of big and fast guys out there who aren't good NFL WR's.

He drops too many passes he shouldn't, while also making the tough catch, he's lackadaisical on far too many plays, he doesn't fight for the ball as often as he should, he's not a threat after the catch,he's got no burst and doesn't seperate vs. tight man coverage, nor does he accelerate well out of his breaks. There's no suddenness in his routes when getting in to a break. He lacks explosiveness. Good straight line speed, but not elite straight line speed, not a good combo when you don't have the great start/stop/sudden ability.

And most importantly when they played the better competition he shied away from the challenge and did not compete.

If he played anywhere else, he'd get nowhere near the hype he gets. He's the WR version of Jimmy Clausen and Brady Quinn, and just about any other hyped up ND skill player heading in to the draft. Last time they had a big time WR come out of that school it was Tim Brown.

Of course I could be wrong, and we'll see for sure soon enough.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-26-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #44
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
I was impressed with Michael Floyd. He ran incredibly well for a big guy and showed some good hands. He definitely didn't hurt himself out there. My only question about Floyd is how he'll deal with more physical corners. They played Florida State in their bowl game and Xavier Rhodes (6'2 200) was getting the better of him until Floyd got knocked out of the game.
Well in his defense Rhodes is seen as of now as a 1st rounder in next year's draft, one of the more taller corners he'll probably see in the NFL anyways
Old 02-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #45
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He never made plays in big moments and the majority of his success was against inferior competition. Being big and fast is great, but there's a ton of big and fast guys out there who aren't good NFL WR's.

He drops too many passes he shouldn't, while also making the tough catch, he's lackadaisical on far too many plays, he doesn't fight for the ball as often as he should, he's not a threat after the catch,he's got no burst and doesn't seperate vs. tight man coverage, nor does he accelerate well out of his breaks. There's no suddenness in his routes when getting in to a break. He lacks explosiveness. Good straight line speed, but not elite straight line speed, not a good combo when you don't have the great start/stop/sudden ability.

And most importantly when they played the better competition he shied away from the challenge and did not compete.

If he played anywhere else, he'd get nowhere near the hype he gets. He's the WR version of Jimmy Clausen and Brady Quinn, and just about any other hyped up ND skill player heading in to the draft. Last time they had a big time WR come out of that school it was Tim Brown.

Of course I could be wrong, and we'll see for sure soon enough.
You must really hate Notre Dame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #46
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Yep, he really does lol

That's why I don't even like the school to be brought up here. He immediately comes in to bash them.

I'm not saying it is unwarranted FWIW

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #47
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Sanu will be fine, I think. He is a good value as a low 1st rounder, high 2nd rounder. Some team looking for a 3rd WR will get a nice addition.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
You must really hate Notre Dame.
I don't. They arent good enough to hate. But what part of what I said was wrong?

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-27-2012 at 02:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »