Home

Top WR prospects in this years draft...do you agree with this ranking?

This is a discussion on Top WR prospects in this years draft...do you agree with this ranking? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #49
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Sanu will be fine, I think. He is a good value as a low 1st rounder, high 2nd rounder. Some team looking for a 3rd WR will get a nice addition.
He's not going in the first. Not great after the catch. Strictly a possession guy. Possession WR's don't go in the first. Probably needs to go to a controlled pass game team. Can't stretch the field.

Didnt help himself with a 4.67 40 time in scouts eyes.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Top WR prospects in this years draft...do you agree with this ranking?

I was shocked that Sanu looked so slow. No way he cracks the first. I dont think he was a first rounder before the combine either.

That guy Hill from GT pushed himself into the second round IMO. Oakland is working the phones trying to get back in the early rounds for this guy.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He never made plays in big moments and the majority of his success was against inferior competition. Being big and fast is great, but there's a ton of big and fast guys out there who aren't good NFL WR's.

He drops too many passes he shouldn't, while also making the tough catch, he's lackadaisical on far too many plays, he doesn't fight for the ball as often as he should, he's not a threat after the catch,he's got no burst and doesn't seperate vs. tight man coverage, nor does he accelerate well out of his breaks. There's no suddenness in his routes when getting in to a break. He lacks explosiveness. Good straight line speed, but not elite straight line speed, not a good combo when you don't have the great start/stop/sudden ability.

And most importantly when they played the better competition he shied away from the challenge and did not compete.

If he played anywhere else, he'd get nowhere near the hype he gets. He's the WR version of Jimmy Clausen and Brady Quinn, and just about any other hyped up ND skill player heading in to the draft. Last time they had a big time WR come out of that school it was Tim Brown.

Of course I could be wrong, and we'll see for sure soon enough.
Not even close to true. Last year with horrendous QB play, he played lights out against the 2 BCS teams they faced, recording 13 receptions for 159 yds against Michigan and 8 grabs for 92 yds and a TD against Stanford. In 2010 with even worse QB play he had 6-81-2 against a really good Michigan State team, 11-86-1 against USC, 8-110 against Stanford and 6-109-2 against Miami in the bowl game. 2009 he got hurt early against Michigan State, but not before he put up a 4-189-3 against Nevada, 7-131-1 against Michigan and he even had 2-38-1 against MSU before he broke his clavicle. He returned to put up a 6-85-2 against Stanford too. So you're breakdown of his physical "limitations" are your opinion, but to say he didn't play well against good competition is laughable.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #52
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
Not even close to true. Last year with horrendous QB play, he played lights out against the 2 BCS teams they faced, recording 13 receptions for 159 yds against Michigan and 8 grabs for 92 yds and a TD against Stanford. In 2010 with even worse QB play he had 6-81-2 against a really good Michigan State team, 11-86-1 against USC, 8-110 against Stanford and 6-109-2 against Miami in the bowl game. 2009 he got hurt early against Michigan State, but not before he put up a 4-189-3 against Nevada, 7-131-1 against Michigan and he even had 2-38-1 against MSU before he broke his clavicle. He returned to put up a 6-85-2 against Stanford too. So you're breakdown of his physical "limitations" are your opinion, but to say he didn't play well against good competition is laughable.
He was terrible in the USC game. He gave up in the 2nd quarter. Nickell Robey ate his lunch, and Robey won't play on Sundays. He was at best the 3rd best WR on the field that game. He wasn't much better vs. Stanford.

I'll stand by what I said. Good against bad teams. So so against the big boys. His best games were against Navy, Purdue and South Florida. His inability to make big plays was never more apparent, he averaged less than 10 yards a reception in 5 games this year.

Notre Dame player being overrated and overhyped is not new. We've seen this movie before.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #53
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I was shocked that Sanu looked so slow. No way he cracks the first. I dont think he was a first rounder before the combine either.

That guy Hill from GT pushed himself into the second round IMO. Oakland is working the phones trying to get back in the early rounds for this guy.
Sanu I think goes in the 3rd round, just a gut feeling.

You're right on Hill he worked himself in to the first round imo.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #54
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Notre Dame player being overrated and overhyped is not new. We've seen this movie before.
Not every school can produce studs like Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #55
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Not every school can produce studs like Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams!
Do we want to compare the success of USC players and ND players in the NFL as of recently?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #56
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Nope!

That's my one quick jab and I'm outta here lol

Spoiler

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »