Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #9977
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Not taking sides on the Redskins name issue because I don't know the history behind that word

Here you go.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/news/tr...g?src=soc_twtr
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #9978
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Guys, there is a thread about the trademark situation with the skins name. Let's use that for the conversation.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #9979
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
There's a massive difference in going out to clubs and then there being videos acting the way he has, etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I gotcha. I misunderstood your initial post. Sorry about that.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #9980
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Jonathan Franklin's neck injury may be career ending.

Link
Old 06-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #9981
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The Texans pretended to cut quarterback T.J. Yates, but then were like "nah just playin'" and traded him to the Falcons for linebacker Akeem Dent.

With that, Atlanta has instantly doubled the number of playoff wins at the quarterback position on their roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #9982
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Bill Belichick once got busted for illegally spying on the New York Jets. Now there's a story that says the New England Patriots coach may have obtained a copy of the Jets' playbook from Alabama coach Nick Saban, a close friend -- and an acquaintance of Rex Ryan.

The latest chapter of skullduggery between the two rivals was hatched by Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine, the Jets defensive coordinator from 2009 to 2012. In an interview with Sports Illustrated's themmqb.com, Pettine suggests that Belichick might have obtained the Jets' playbook through Saban.

At Wes Welker's wedding, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady bragged to Mike Smith, another former Jets assistant, that they may have a copy of the Jets' playbook, according to Pettine. Smith and Welker were college roommates at Texas Tech; Smith is now a member of Pettine's staff.

"It didn't shock me because Rex would give them out like candy anyway," Pettine told the website. "He gave one out to Saban, and I was like, 'Don't you know Saban and Bill are pretty good friends? I have a feeling it's going to end up in New England.'"

Ryan has always spoken highly of Saban, and he has spoken on at least one occasion at a coaches' clinic at Alabama. But Saban and Belichick are extremely tight; Saban was Belichick's defensive coordinator with the Browns from 1991 to 1994.

What would possess Pettine to reveal such sensitive information? In the profile, he explains why he prefers not to have a thick playbook, saying he doesn't like to include "graduate-level information" because of the possibility of it ending up in enemy hands.

"We know in places like New England, it's only a matter of time that they somehow mysteriously end up with our playbook," Pettine said.

When Belichick was asked about the story, he replied, "Talk to Mike Pettine. I don't know."

Ryan wasn't immediately available for comment. He is scheduled to address the media later Thursday after the Jets' final minicamp practice.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #9983
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Thomas out there stitching and ****.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #9984
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Jonathan Franklin's neck injury may be career ending.

Link
Unfortunately, it's Official that Franklin's season and his career is over, according to his Twitter account and PFT.com

Quote:
Packers tailback Johnathan Franklin announced Thursday he will not play in 2014 because of a neck injury, and he also indicated his career looks over beyond this season, too.
“Unfortunately this week I have been ruled out of returning for the 2014/15 season and returning to play in the NFL,” Franklin said in a statement released on Twitter.
The 24-year-old Franklin suffered the injury in the Packers’ Week 12 tie with Minnesota.
In the statement, Franklin thanked those who supported him and asked for prayers as he begins “this transition.”
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday that Franklin’s Green Bay career was over, with the official roster move to come on Friday. It’s unclear whether Franklin will officially retire or will be waived/injured.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...likely-beyond/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »