Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #31273
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Agreed. I wonder if "Load Management" creeps into the conversation at some point?
Thankfully there aren't that many games, but I bet it will start if the roster is expanded. It will probably start out as # of plays.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #31274
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Are they adding a bye week to the 17 game schedule?

The playoff change is unnecessary to me, but it's whatever at this point. Gonna see 8-8 teams making it more frequently, I guess.

Watch me play video games
Old 02-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #31275
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Are they adding a bye week to the 17 game schedule?

The playoff change is unnecessary to me, but it's whatever at this point. Gonna see 8-8 teams making it more frequently, I guess.
I haven't seen anything about an additional bye week. Just decreasing preseason to 3 games, players getting another 1%, salary cap increasing $5m/team as early as a couple weeks from now, minimum salaries increasing, and the wildcard weekend being 2 full 3-game days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #31276
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
I was young when it was first going down but surprisingly enough I remembered it pretty much as it happened. I would read a book on it, my only issue was I felt like they implied that the state attorney was going to let Vick off because dogfighting is just in Virginia’s blood or something and I don’t know enough about his process to know if that’s true or not but it just doesn’t seem realistic.

Dogfighting is a cultural thing in the South. Vick’s friend actually learned the “nuances” of dog training, fighting and ultimately killing loser dogs from the older gentlemen in their state.

They said police would see people fighting dogs in the street and tell them to just knock it off. No one would get arrested as I don’t think it was considered a crime.

From the doc..it showed that Vick’s estate was being staked out by the police for things like drugs and they just kind of stumbled on the dog fighting.

He was going to get off but certain experts kept looking for a crime. The doc does a good job in showing how they were going to make an example out of Vick as the highest paid player in the league.

Race played a big role in the doc which is why I mentioned TOS.

I thought it was a must watch 30 for 30.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #31277
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I'm sure someone told the players it was a good deal, so they will sign it even if they don't support the 17th game.

The NFL isn't happy with just making money. They have to continue to increase profits. They are running it like a company instead of a sports league.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Greed is a powerful killer.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #31278
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

The only downside I see (and this is a huge one) is that there will probably be more injuries sadly.

This might be more money upfront for the players, but what about their pensions and health insurance after the playing days are done?

On a side note, what is going on in Skol land?

First Diggs, now Griffen?
Old 02-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #31279
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am not adverse to change (still love the new xp rule). But I hate the change to the playoff format. If they MUST add more playoff games, I think I would rather they make it an even 8, but add an additional WC round. So 5-8 play in the first week. Winners play 3 & 4 the next week. Top two seeds get TWO weeks off.

I don't like it either, but I prefer it to the current proposal.

This will happen eventually I’m sure. There’s no downside to adding playoff teams in the NFL’s eyes, besides people complaining about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #31280
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Dogfighting is a cultural thing in the South. Vick’s friend actually learned the “nuances” of dog training, fighting and ultimately killing loser dogs from the older gentlemen in their state.

They said police would see people fighting dogs in the street and tell them to just knock it off. No one would get arrested as I don’t think it was considered a crime.

From the doc..it showed that Vick’s estate was being staked out by the police for things like drugs and they just kind of stumbled on the dog fighting.

He was going to get off but certain experts kept looking for a crime. The doc does a good job in showing how they were going to make an example out of Vick as the highest paid player in the league.

Race played a big role in the doc which is why I mentioned TOS.

I thought it was a must watch 30 for 30.

There’s a lot I can’t get into here, it’s not really important but all that was said about the guys who taught Purnell how to kill dogs was that they were old white dudes, not where they were from. The way the police react in that situation certainly speaks to something, but that’s a different issue. I think I probably just got inundated with all of this information because I live so close to Newport News, I didn’t get much new out of the doc.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »