Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2020, 10:05 PM   #31601
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NFL Off Topic

Rams received another $500m in financing for Sofi Stadium. Project was originally $2.2b, is now in the $5-6b range.

In Vegas, Allegiant Stadium is nearly complete, on time and on budget. PSL sales were so strong (and sold out) so they actually added to the project while it was under construction.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2020, 04:15 PM   #31602
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Rules changes up for a vote 5/28:

COMPETITION COMMITTEE RULES PROPOSALS
  • By the Competition Committee, to amend Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9, to expand defenseless player protection to a kickoff or punt returner who is in possession of the ball but who has not had time to avoid or ward off the impending contact of an opponent.
  • By the Competition Committee, to amend Rule 4, Section 3, Article 2, to prevent teams from manipulating the game clock by committing multiple dead-ball fouls while the clock is running.

CLUB PLAYING RULES PROPOSALS
  • By Philadelphia; to amend Rule 15, Section 2, to make permanent the expansion of automatic replay reviews to include scoring plays and turnovers negated by a foul, and any successful or unsuccessful Try attempt.
  • By Philadelphia; to amend Rule 6, Section 1, Article 1, to provide an alternative to the onside kick that would allow a team who is trailing in the game an opportunity to maintain possession of the ball after scoring (4th and 15 from the kicking team’s 25-yard line).
  • By Miami; to amend Rule 4, Section 3, Article 2, to provide the option to the defense for the game clock to start on the referee’s signal if the defense declines an offensive penalty that occurs late in either half.
  • By Baltimore and Los Angeles Chargers; to amend Rule 19, Section 2, to add a “booth umpire” as an eighth game official to the officiating crew.
  • By Baltimore and Los Angeles Chargers; to amend Rule 19, Section 2, to add a Senior Technology Advisor to the Referee to assist the officiating crew.

Links to the rules that are changing can be found here:

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/t...les-proposals/
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...37690256982016
Both “sky judge” proposals are being withdrawn prior to tomorrow’s virtual meeting on rule changes, sources say.

Expect the NFL to still test some expanded booth-to-official communication system in the preseason. But no officiating personnel added for 2020.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #31603
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

That 4th and 15 option could be easily exploited by smart coaches.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 05-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #31604
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
That 4th and 15 option could be easily exploited by smart coaches.
I'm not really sure how but even so I don't care who you are you are going to fail far more than you succeed on 4th and 15. The risk is great too because failing would give your opponent the ball between your 25 and 39 yard line (or even worse if you manage to lose yards).

Additionally, you could only attempt it if you are trailing and there is a limit of two attempts per game.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #31605
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"Per source, the onside kick proposal did NOT pass."
"NFL owners have tabled the 4th-and-15 alternative to the onside kick, I’m told. Further discussion needed."

"A bylaw change increasing the number of players that may be designated to return from injured reserve from two to three was approved, I'm told."
'Three rules change proposals were approved:

2. Make permanent expansion of automatic replay reviews to include scoring plays/turnovers negated by foul

8. Expands defenseless player protection for KR/PR

9. Prevents manipulation of game clock with multiple deal-ball fouls"

Last edited by illwill10; 05-28-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #31606
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I'm not really sure how but even so I don't care who you are you are going to fail far more than you succeed on 4th and 15. The risk is great too because failing would give your opponent the ball between your 25 and 39 yard line (or even worse if you manage to lose yards).

Additionally, you could only attempt it if you are trailing and there is a limit of two attempts per game.
I wonder why the limit of two attempts per game and only when trailing?? I assume the 4th and 15 came from the target historical success rate they were trying to align with the onside kick....about 12%. The numbers alone would seem to discourage it outside of desperation mode. Maybe there is a good reason???.....but in general I prefer less complexity.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #31607

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I wonder why the limit of two attempts per game and only when trailing?? I assume the 4th and 15 came from the target historical success rate they were trying to align with the onside kick....about 12%. The numbers alone would seem to discourage it outside of desperation mode. Maybe there is a good reason???.....but in general I prefer less complexity.

I don’t think the official proposal actually had anything about only being able to do it when trailing from what I saw.

I saw a lot of people speculating you could only do it when trailing but none of the quotes about the proposal included that language that I came across.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:05 PM   #31608
MVP

mestevo's Arena

The 4th and 15 option failed 16-16.

A form of sky judge will be used during the preseason and could make it into the regular season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »