Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #33641
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFL Off Topic

**** has already been real for Watson but now it’s about to get even more realer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2021, 06:07 PM   #33642
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't think I even knew he was with Beats.

I also saw 2 of the women were ID. One actually was at the press conference.

The comments on this subject are all over the place and scary.

I feel like everytime these things happen. I learn some crazy detail in criminal vs civil case.

One said she's not after money. But it was revealed that she's asking 100K. I think the same person had the encounter with him. But then returned for other sessions. Which is extra weird if you ask me. But again I wish we could get the full story.

None of the things I said have been confirmed or have articles. I just read some comments on the subject.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #33643
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't have any problem with the Darnold trade from Carolina's side other than the timing. Who knows what happens between now and draft day (remember Laremy Tunsil's gas mask bong?) there could be a QB they want unexpectedly sitting there at #8, and New York would have been fine to make this deal on draft night.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #33644
MVP

OVR: 18

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ills-5-himself

smh, how senselessly tragic and sad.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:54 AM   #33645
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't think I even knew he was with Beats.

I also saw 2 of the women were ID. One actually was at the press conference.

The comments on this subject are all over the place and scary.

I feel like everytime these things happen. I learn some crazy detail in criminal vs civil case.

One said she's not after money. But it was revealed that she's asking 100K. I think the same person had the encounter with him. But then returned for other sessions. Which is extra weird if you ask me. But again I wish we could get the full story.

None of the things I said have been confirmed or have articles. I just read some comments on the subject.
I believe they are signed affidavits, so legally they are evidence but it doesn't mean they are truthful.

The 1 woman asked for $100,000 before filing the lawsuit. That isn't a lot of money and probably would have been settled for $20-30,000 after mediation. Then you also have lawyer fees. The other woman that had a 2nd appt is strange but if you read her version it is plausible.

The judge has now said that 1 woman has to refile with her name on the lawsuit, so the others most likely will have to do the same. Watson's lawyer has been incredibly stupid so far, but this was his 1st win. Now we will see if some women drop out or if quickly settle. It could backfire if the women all band together and say they won't be threatened into silence.

Unless they all drop the lawsuits, it's not going away and I doubt he plays this year. He may not have done anything illegal but all the optics point to him being a creep and the NFL can't allow him to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2021, 02:58 PM   #33646
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I believe they are signed affidavits, so legally they are evidence but it doesn't mean they are truthful.

The 1 woman asked for $100,000 before filing the lawsuit. That isn't a lot of money and probably would have been settled for $20-30,000 after mediation. Then you also have lawyer fees. The other woman that had a 2nd appt is strange but if you read her version it is plausible.

The judge has now said that 1 woman has to refile with her name on the lawsuit, so the others most likely will have to do the same. Watson's lawyer has been incredibly stupid so far, but this was his 1st win. Now we will see if some women drop out or if quickly settle. It could backfire if the women all band together and say they won't be threatened into silence.

Unless they all drop the lawsuits, it's not going away and I doubt he plays this year. He may not have done anything illegal but all the optics point to him being a creep and the NFL can't allow him to play.
100% Agree Optics don't look good one bit.

I didn't hear about the refiling. I did see all these brands were dropping or suspending him.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #33647
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
NFL Off Topic

Yeah the optics are going to look bad. Settle out of court, the civil suits drop and you appear guilty. Go to trial and it’s not only expensive but you also have public testimony and whatever happens with a jury.

Bottom line...he’s an idiot for putting in self in this situation regardless of what happens AND I’m sure the Texans knew what was going on. These teams spend a lot of resources on private investigators and they know a lot more than the public thinks they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by KG; 04-09-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:50 PM   #33648
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah the optics are going to look bad. Settle out of court, the civil suits drop and you appear guilty. Go to trial and it’s not only expensive but you also have public testimony and whatever happens with a jury.

Bottom line...he’s an idiot for putting in self in this situation regardless of what happens AND I’m sure the Texans knew what was going on. These teams spend a lot of resources on private investigators and they know a lot more than the public thinks they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One thought I had with what your said. Is that would mean they were protecting him this whole time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »