Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #30721
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NFL Off Topic

Yeah, I can't hear any of that. It just sounds like regurgitating of what we've heard through the media and coach talk.

There's no logical/tangible explanation on why you can't take the QB out that isn't performing. I highly doubt players are looking at the coach sideways when neither QB is clearly stepping up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #30722
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Yeah, I can't hear any of that. It just sounds like regurgitating of what we've heard through the media and coach talk.

There's no logical/tangible explanation on why you can't take the QB out that isn't performing. I highly doubt players are looking at the coach sideways when neither QB is clearly stepping up.

Are we applying this for ALL QBs or just certain ones?

I only ask because if Rodgers/Brees/Brady have a stretch of 5 straight games where they’re not looking like their usual self, barely completing half of their passes and not getting over 200 yards, turning the ball over more than they’re throwing TDs, would you want their coaches to seriously consider making a switch or do they get the benefit of the doubt and you just wait for them to turn it around?
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #30723
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

I only ask because if Rodgers/Brees/Brady have a stretch of 5 straight games where they’re not looking like their usual self, barely completing half of their passes and not getting over 200 yards, turning the ball over more than they’re throwing TDs, would you want their coaches to seriously consider making a switch or do they get the benefit of the doubt and you just wait for them to turn it around?
Hmm

I think I would Pack IF the guy waiting in the wings was ready. Mainly because of those guys' age but eventually there will be a noticeable drop off in arm strength. You can see signs of it already with Brees and to an extent Brady.

It would be tough. You'd probably lose some of the locker room and catch hell from the fans. I think only a few guys can pull this off. Belichek, Payton, etc...
Old 10-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #30724
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

QB gets special treatment because they’re the QB. They touch the ball on every play, some are allowed to completely change the play based on what they see, etc. Comparing a QB to other positions (of which there is one singular starter... every other position has multiple, with some differences like a RT and LT) just doesn’t fit.

I don’t think you’re completely off, there’s definitely a level of comfort a coach has in having their guy at QB, allowing them to work through a rough stretch, going with the known instead of switching to the unknown, covering their own ***.

Just like with the rules of the game, QB’s get special treatment because of their position and standing in the league. It may not be fair, but it’s how it is.

I know the college game features teams that rotate QB’s regularly, and it’ll probably happen in the NFL one day. If it works, it’ll catch on a bit. But until then, they’re gonna keep marching out underperforming passers hoping they regain their past standards — even if it’s to the detriment of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:51 AM   #30725
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Feels like more of a managerial decision to me. Why let Rosen's trade value dwindle when they're clearly tanking for Tua? Put Fitz back in before Rosen looks untradeable, with the depleted cast of characters, he's only gonna look worse, just like last season with the Cards.

This sucks for Rosen, he's been in two different situations where he can't win and can't look good. Miami made a weird decision to trade for Rosen and then giving up. Why?

Now they're bottoming out and in position to trade the young asset they acquired before deciding to tank. They won't get equal assets in return, so why make that trade in the first place?

Feel bad for Rosen and Flores, both, neither signed up for this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #30726
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

Every QB. If a QB has been struggling through three quarters with turning the ball over and whatnot, why can't he be sat? If the backup ain't ready then why's he the backup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #30727
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Every QB. If a QB has been struggling through three quarters with turning the ball over and whatnot, why can't he be sat? If the backup ain't ready then why's he the backup?

I’m talking about 5 games though, not 3 quarters.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #30728
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Initial reports say it's the best case scenario for Mahomes after the MRI. May miss ~3 weeks. Chiefs have a bye, Packers, Vikings both at Arrowhead in that span.

Nothing official yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »