Home

XFL Discussion

This is a discussion on XFL Discussion within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
XFL Discussion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...xfl/ar-AAvaRaj

I remember the XFL ever so slightly, didn't really watch it. I was probably a junior or sophomore in high school when this came to be and no one ever spoke about it. We all made fun of it when it failed, and we did get some interesting players like Tommy Maddox to the Steelers and "HeHateMe" to the Panthers, but it was almost a joke.

Now Vince is bringing this back and it's set to debut in 2020. I was at work talking about this with a buddy and he just threw out a way this could actually work. Vince needs to make this a D-League for the NFL. Too many college kids go undrafted, most end up going to the CFL or playing Arena football. What if the XFL was actually a D-League for the NFL. It would take place during Spring or early Summer, span like 10-12 weeks and allow some of it's players to move on towards the NFL at the end of it's season. It would be the equivalent to the CFL but here in the States.

Vince is unlikely to do this, but realistically, he's not going to touch the NFL crowd. The NFL is the most watched piece of entertainment in North America. The XFL didn't make a dent in the NFL last time and I don't think it will this time unless they approach this in a completely different way. Especially with CTE and head injuries being the big talk of the NFL, i don't see many players laying out their bodies like his initial XFL rules were. It's unrealistic to expect people to play with limited rules seeing how big head injuries and concussions are.

There is a smart way to go about creating a league along side the NFL versus trying to replace the NFL, but I don't know if the heads of the XFL can be the ones to thing of something.

What does everyone else think!!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
re: XFL Discussion

Destined to fail.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Worse than Thursday Night Football matchups.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:52 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

McMahon's stance stating that players will not be allowed to take a stance makes it a 100% no chance watch for me without having to know anything else about the league.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
McMahon's stance stating that players will not be allowed to take a stance makes it a 100% no chance watch for me without having to know anything else about the league.
So you're saying there's no chance in hell....?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Gimmick free XFL? No thanks.

No players with criminal records will be allowed to play either, apparently.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #7
Banned

Steven78's Arena

https://deadspin.com/the-new-xfl-sou...one-1822425272
Old 01-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's just so gimmicky and low hanging. Not that it matters, but i support any American peacefully exercising their rights. It's your league, do whatever. That's your right as well. By 2020 the whole thing will have passed, anyway. Interest (what little there was) in the XFL was that is was so wild and over the top. Without that, what is it really? Family friendly? We have college football (my favorite) and the NFL for high level football. Changing TV habits, too much NFL, controversy, and the league legislating fun and defense IMO has more people tuning out. Make no mistake though, the NFL still rules. I'd be surprised if this thing even made it to fruition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »