Home

2012 NFL Draft Thread.

This is a discussion on 2012 NFL Draft Thread. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #49
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Anybody think Dont'a Hightower can be successful at OLB or would he be better off playing inside?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Anybody think Dont'a Hightower can be successful at OLB or would he be better off playing inside?
I've heard he did both at 'Bama and he's projected to carry that flexibility over to the NFL. Sounds like an impact player to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #51

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
How would you feel if the Dolphins drafted Ryan Tannehill (He has ties to Dolphins OC Mike Sherman)?
I am perfectly fine with Tannehill, just no lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Yes he can play the Sam spot as well as put his hand in the dirt and rush. He's a scheme versatile player and will be on the board no later than 24, if he makes it to Pittsburgh. Someone may take him before that point. Would really like for the Ravens to land him but I don't see it. He'll be long gone.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #53
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yes he can play the Sam spot as well as put his hand in the dirt and rush. He's a scheme versatile player and will be on the board no later than 24, if he makes it to Pittsburgh. Someone may take him before that point. Would really like for the Ravens to land him but I don't see it. He'll be long gone.
They're talking about trading up if he falls into the 20's. I'd be ok with it, depending on what they'd have to give up.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
They're talking about trading up if he falls into the 20's. I'd be ok with it, depending on what they'd have to give up.
I don't buy it. With the holes that we need to address I don't see them giving away our third rounder to move up in front of Pitt to select him. We still would like to address WR and OL. I don't see the Front Office making this move.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #55
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't buy it. With the holes that we need to address I don't see them giving away our third rounder to move up in front of Pitt to select him. We still would like to address WR and OL. I don't see the Front Office making this move.
I think OL is the big one, especially since I don't see them taking one late in the 1st round either way (I hope someone falls but don't see it). I don't see WR as the HUGE need everyone seems to make it out to be. It's certainly a need but what does that say about the great group we were said to have last year. We know the story with Evans, but the young guys were just that... young. Are we turning the page on them already? And if it's for someone in the draft then that's just another young guy. Smith and Boldin are locks to start so we're talking about depth so what am I missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think OL is the big one, especially since I don't see them taking one late in the 1st round either way (I hope someone falls but don't see it). I don't see WR as the HUGE need everyone seems to make it out to be. It's certainly a need but what does that say about the great group we were said to have last year. We know the story with Evans, but the young guys were just that... young. Are we turning the page on them already? And if it's for someone in the draft then that's just another young guy. Smith and Boldin are locks to start so we're talking about depth so what am I missing?
I think you are underestimating what they want to do. They brought Evans in because they know Boldin cannot separate when he's on the perimeter. Ideally they would like speed and size on the perimeter and move Boldin to the slot in their 3WR sets. With the exception of Smith, the young guys from last year are Boldin clones and will step in for him after he leaves. Tandon Doss is not a speed guy, he's a possession guy. Williams is not really a speed guy but has decent size and could be a diamond in the rough.

The guy they bring in this year would get plenty of playing time in the 3WR set on the perimeter opposite Smith. Evans would have had a great deal more playing time last year had he been healthy. Instead they had to leave Boldin on the perimeter and he could not separate much. Evans and Smith on the perimeter was supposed to stretch defenses and create underneath for Rice, Boldin, Dickson/Pitta. Didn't work out so well due to injury and when Evans did play it worked out great in the playoffs until he let a DB rip it out. Let's not relive that. I think ideally they are looking for size and speed to go with Smith on the perimeter and thus I would not be surprised if Ozzie calls Stephen Hill at 29. Probably would be the best value at that point, especially if people have concerns about Konz's injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »