Home

Jim Brown & Trent Richardson Situation

This is a discussion on Jim Brown & Trent Richardson Situation within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #65
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Jim Brown & Trent Richardson Situation

why does he keep bringing this back up he said if few months back and now again if thats all he has say maybe he best keep his lips shut if all he can do is repeat the same thing over. lmao @ him saying we shoulda drafted a couple wr's so ok say we draft the wr's? we had no running backs that can carry the load like richardson so wed throw ball and what? punt on 4th down?lol. we finally get a back that we had past up before like peterson and now we have a former back saying hes nothing special?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #66
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Who the hell cares what Jim Brown thinks. Just because he was a great player doesn't mean he can evaluate talent. We can revist this after Richardsons first season because I'm sure someone will bump this thread just to say I told you so.

Last edited by iAM-IncReDiBLe-; 05-28-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #67
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
If Jim Brown Says that Trent Richardson Is average then who are any of us to question that? Jim Brown is the Greatest back to ever play the game of Football I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about regardless of how large his ego is.
I think many athletes are terrible evaluators of talent. Keep in mind that Jim Brown's career path of choice consisted of him getting his noggin knocked around for nine years.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 05-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'm a Browns fan and respect the hell out of what Brown did for us back in the day.

That being said, he's a bitter old man now, who didn't even acknowledge when his own rushing records fell (first by Payton, then by Emmett)

He's known to just genuinely hate the world. Like the grouchy old man in your neighborhood who cusses at everybody passing by.

So I really don't care what he has to say. He still sounds like the bitter old man who has trouble accepting his time has long passed.

Need I remind everyone he retired in his prime to pursue a movie career? So in actuality, besides being known as one of the greatest RB's in history, he did nothing for Cleveland. (I don't think Richardson has acting in his sights...)
I have a video with Jim Brown talking about how good he thought Barry Sanders was. The words unparalleled were used to describe some of his ability's if I remember correctly.

Maybe he just doesn't like the other backs? Everyones opinions are different.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
If Jim Brown Says that Trent Richardson Is average then who are any of us to question that? Jim Brown is the Greatest back to ever play the game of Football I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about regardless of how large his ego is.
so your telling me just because someone was a great player that there opinion is just always right?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #70
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine6054
so your telling me just because someone was a great player that there opinion is just always right?
Or (not taking the absolute extreme to make a point) that his experience and access to information are both light years ahead of what any of us here could provide, so without knowing any more than we do right now, we're not really in a place to question his opinion.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #71
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
He's the only offensive weapon on that pitiful Browns offense. Squarely put: Trent Richardson is going to HAVE to be special if he intends to succeed. I just can't imagine the guy excelling on a roster completely void of offensive talent, a rookie QB who will be too old before the team is even competitive, and a division that makes its living on stout defense.
Wow!! Enough said!
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #72
Rookie

mdmgrand's Arena

OVR: 1

If Greg Little can improve his concentration a bit, and with Weeden's stronger, more accurate arm, he will be a weapon. Shurmur just needs to get creative on offense. Cribbs and Benjamin will not produce as normal receivers, they need to get the ball in space, which the Browns seem adamant on turning Cribbs into a legitimate receiver rather than an all purpose weapon.

I want this offensive breakdown for the season:

Carries: Trent Richardson 280, Brandon Jackson 80, Josh Cribbs 35, Montario Hardesty 35, Travis Benjamin 10

Targets: Greg Little 160, Massaquoi 80, Richardson 60, Cribbs 50, Watson 50, Benjamin 45, Norwood 35 Moore/Cameron 30, Jackson 30, Marecic/Smelley 20

This would create diversity, and with a heavy emphasis on getting the ball to Little and Richardson, the rest of the crew will have breathing room to get open. This would also put Weeden at around 35 attempts per game, and the rushing attack at around 27.5 attempts per game. Plays per game were projected based upon last year.

Lets say Trent averaged 4.3 yards per carry and 8.5 yards per reception at a 75% completion rate. He would be at 1,204 rushing yards, 45 receptions for 383 yards. I would love my running back to obtain close to 1,600 yards from scrimmage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »