Home

NFL Network: Top 100 Players In 2012

This is a discussion on NFL Network: Top 100 Players In 2012 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
If Julio is above Roddy then that makes no sense. He's gonna be better but he isn't now.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NFL Network: Top 100 Players In 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith(Carolina)
Victor Cruz
AJ Green
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Julio Jones
Not saying Colston should be ahead of any of these guys but is it totally out of the question that I expected him to make this list.

If Vilma was in the 90's I'd be okay with that, I was definitely surprised that he A) Made the list and B) Where he was ranked.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Vilma's ranking was so high, even an NFL.com staff writer wrote a quick article about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp

Quote:
Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith(Carolina)
Victor Cruz
AJ Green
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Julio Jones
Ooh close. But I would replace the two rookie wide receivers with one of the best slot receivers currently in the game and a player who has Borderline Personality Disorder (A.J. Green has already been listed).

On next week's episode, they hinted somebody from the top 5 of the 2011 top 100 list will fall somewhere in the range of 50-41.

Top 100 players of 2011:
5.Ed Reed
4.Ray Lewis
3.Adrian Peterson
2.Peyton Manning
1.Tom Brady

Last edited by ThePPL; 05-24-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Not saying Colston should be ahead of any of these guys but is it totally out of the question that I expected him to make this list.
I stopped caring about the attention Colston deserved and just became happy he's on the Saints and not another team lol.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

Okay. I take it back that I was 99% sure I knew who the final wide receivers were. There's a part of me that thinks Marques Colston will make this list as I previously did not know he had only 2 drops all season long last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #22
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
I don't think most players believe Tebow is better than guys like Ryan, Stafford, or Cutler. But with such a large amount of talented quarterbacks in the league, it's easy for them to forget about those quarterbacks and simply just say, "Oh yeah, let's put Tebow on this list."
I'm almost certain that's how this played out, which makes the list even more bogus. I don't have a problem with Ryan or Cutler being left off -- which they most certainly are at this point -- but I have a problem with either one being left off in favor of Tebow.

If the formula in any way mirrors the way the fan vote is structured in NFL.com, then there's no way this list can be accurate. Anyone who voted on the website knows what I am talking about.

I like the aim of having a list of players just to see what they think of one another, but even they have to be turning a side-eye to how it's playing out. Vilma at 58? That probably should have been Curtis Lofton's spot. No Kyle Williams? Wilfork and Nicks dropping on the countdown despite having better 2011 campaigns than 2010?

If they're going to keep doing this then I think that have to have a coach/GM vote component added to balance things out, because while I think the top 10-15 is going to pretty tight, the backend is looking pretty messy.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd

If Vilma was in the 90's I'd be okay with that, I was definitely surprised that he A) Made the list and B) Where he was ranked.
Of course it's not out the question, you're a Saints Fan. So of course to you, you're going to expect to see him up there as you should LOL

FWIW, I wasn't expecting to see Greg Jennings ranked higher than Jordy Nelson or Nelson ranked that low.

But like Jmood said, all this proves is that the players don't know what they're talking about.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Of course it's not out the question, you're a Saints Fan. So of course to you, you're going to expect to see him up there as you should LOL

FWIW, I wasn't expecting to see Greg Jennings ranked higher than Jordy Nelson or Nelson ranked that low.

But like Jmood said, all this proves is that the players don't know what they're talking about.
Lol, well what I was getting at was- what are fans of other teams opinion's on the matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »