Home

Deciding if I should jump ship...

This is a discussion on Deciding if I should jump ship... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18
Deciding if I should jump ship...

So I have come to realize that I don't feel like a true Falcon fan. The only reason I am a Falcon fan is because I chose them as my favorite at 9 years old when Vick got drafted, and it was cause of him. I didn't even follow football then. 11 years later I'm wondering if I should actually pick a team that fits me. I feel terrible for jumping ship, especially because my best friend is also a Falcons fan by coincidence, but he picked them because he saw the Dirty Bird dance and thought it was hilarious and liked them ever since. I've thought about what team it would be and based on a few factors it would be between the Panthers and Redskins, more towards the Panthers. I feel even worst now cause that's a division rival, but that team fits me best, so I was just wondering if anyone here has any insight on this. Im from Cali, but I hate local teams. I know this is a "Just do what you want" thing, but I would like some opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Pro

Amped's Arena

Re: Deciding if I should jump ship...

Although I could probably come up with more factors to better choose a team suited to me.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

That's tough. I could never switch teams and it makes it hard for me to relate. For me, it's an emotional attachment and that's what makes it fun. People have different levels of 'fandom'.

I wouldn't get too worked up about, though. You are either a fan or you are not. If you switch teams, my guess is that you will know if you did the right thing as soon as the Falcons play their season opener (or perhaps even preseason). Will you be interested it what and how they do? It doesn't sound to me like the bond is that great.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Pro

Amped's Arena

Yeah I don't really have a bond. I'm kind of a fan of the game, and I'm ready to become an actual real fan of a team instead of just a fan because I know I chose them a long time ago for one person who ended up committing a terrible crime.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 19
If you go with the Panthers people are going to assume you're just hopping on the Cam bandwagon. Might as well go with the Skins and RG3.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Pro

Amped's Arena

Its funny cause I dont even like Cam hahaha. I love defense, and linebacker is my fav position and I love Beason, plus they signed the guy that I was wishing for in Luke Kuechly. But i added different factors so they're out now haha
Old 05-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well as you say "do whatever you want to do" but as for me I fell in love with the Bills during the Jim Kelly era and you'd think i'd disown that team since then with the crappy product they've put out some years. Personally i'd stick by the Falcons even though you fell more for Michael Vick than anything else. I mean what if for some reason the Panthers turn into a more traditional offensive team are you going to say "oh that doesn't fit my style anymore".

I say that because in a lot of ways what Vick did in Atlanta is similar to what Newton is doing in Carolina. It's as if you're going more for a style of football rather than the TEAM. The franchise isn't going to stick with that brand of football forever and ever you know.

But I can see the seductive side of the Panthers as I must say they play some very exciting football at least offensively. It's your choice though.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

I live in Minnesota and recently switched over from the Vikings to being a Jaguars fan (long story as to why). So, as somebody who recently switched allegiances, I'd say don't worry about what other people think. Cheering for a team you don't really like just because your friends are doesn't make it any more enjoyable. But like SPTO, a team isn't going to stick with one style forever, so don't make a decision based upon the brand of football it currently plays. But its also okay just to be a football fan in general and not have an allegiance to a certain team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »