Home

2012 Draft Changes as a GM

This is a discussion on 2012 Draft Changes as a GM within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18
2012 Draft Changes as a GM

Okay so if you were the GM of your team, and let's assume the order was the same one second before the draft started, what would you have done differently? So if you were the Cowboys would you have traded up to get Claiborne or not? Who would you have chosen? If you are a later team then assume how the actual draft went and you cannot pick whoever has been chosen up to this point unless you decide to trade up for that person.

For example, I have become a Bills fan recently and our first pick we chose CB Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina. In that situation, with the 10th overall pick I would have given up our 1st and 2nd round picks plus next year's 3rd round or 2nd round (if they didn't accept the third) to move up to the 6th spot to take Morris Claiborne. When you have an opportunity to draft a corner of your future who can shut down almost any receiver in the game, you automatically do what you can to sign him. There are speculations that Gilmore is a better corner, but I don't leave anything to chance. I would have sacrificed Cordy Glenn for Morris Claiborne which I would have been fine with.

What would you guys have done?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2012 Draft Changes as a GM

This will be better after the season or a couple years later...but to answer your question I would have done nothing stayed with rg3.. Hopefully I feel the same way after a couple years to
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Pro

cptnclutch28's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped
Okay so if you were the GM of your team, and let's assume the order was the same one second before the draft started, what would you have done differently? So if you were the Cowboys would you have traded up to get Claiborne or not? Who would you have chosen? If you are a later team then assume how the actual draft went and you cannot pick whoever has been chosen up to this point unless you decide to trade up for that person.

For example, I have become a Bills fan recently and our first pick we chose CB Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina. In that situation, with the 10th overall pick I would have given up our 1st and 2nd round picks plus next year's 3rd round or 2nd round (if they didn't accept the third) to move up to the 6th spot to take Morris Claiborne. When you have an opportunity to draft a corner of your future who can shut down almost any receiver in the game, you automatically do what you can to sign him. There are speculations that Gilmore is a better corner, but I don't leave anything to chance. I would have sacrificed Cordy Glenn for Morris Claiborne which I would have been fine with.

What would you guys have done?
I'm a diehard bills fan so listening to what you said is completely wrong. We absolutely needed Cordy Glenn and the fact that we got what some feel are two first round guys then we have nothing to be upset about. If we were going to move up for anything we move up for Matt Kalil

Season 12: Buffalo Bills
12-4

Crew Bowl XII Champions

Season 13: Buffalo Bills
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #4
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnclutch28
I'm a diehard bills fan so listening to what you said is completely wrong. We absolutely needed Cordy Glenn and the fact that we got what some feel are two first round guys then we have nothing to be upset about. If we were going to move up for anything we move up for Matt Kalil
Didn't say this was a debate but alright haha. So you would have stuck with Gilmore at 10?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

As a Bills fan I would have kept every pick except for the WR that we took in the later rounds. It just made little to no sense to me to take a return type guy that high up.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »