Home

Simply *Magic*

This is a discussion on Simply *Magic* within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 06-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Simply *Magic*

Just wanted to share my 3 most favorite RB's. Watching these RB's play for me was simply watching something special.

I was always extremely excited watching them play, and how they continued to always amaze me.

These 3 RB's in my eyes were SIMPLY *MAGIC*

Barry Sanders

Bo Jackson

Walter Payton

I was not fortunate to watch this RB run but I was always very fond of him:

Gale Sayers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Simply *Magic*

Sweetness will always be my favorite. He's one of the main reasons I became a Bears fan.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Sweetness will always be my favorite. He's one of the main reasons I became a Bears fan.
He was a beast. He had one of the best stiff arms in the game. Many sometimes think of him as a finesse back , and he was a powerfull runner also.

I loved Walter Payton.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

^ To add to that, he was also an excellent blocker and pass catcher. I believe he even returned kicks at some point. Walter was arguably the most complete back to ever play the game. His game had no weakness.

EDIT: I checked, and he only returned some kicks in his rookie year.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 06-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I've always held Walter Payton in high esteem but thanks to the little hobby i'm in i've seen many games of his and i've come away even MORE impressed by his level of play especially in the years when the Bears sucked so much on offense that it was virtually give it to Payton 80%+. The man could just do it all, be finesse, run over people and catch the ball with grace as well. If only the Bears weren't so wretched early in his career as it robbed him a few years at the end.

As for Sanders I see him as a bit of a contradiction, he was the first truly flashy RB but as a person and a player after scoring a TD he was respectful of the game and a genuinely good guy and a model for the quiet, stoic leader. Unfortunately a lot of the RBs who've been influenced by him have taken that flashiness but aren't even half the man he is.

Not listed on there is another favorite RB of mine and that's Thurman Thomas. He was Mr. All-Purpose for the Bills and if Jim Kelly was the gunman shooting the ball all over the place Thurman was the one that really stirred the drink as without him I don't think the Bills would've been nearly as successful. He was one of the more graceful runners i've seen and like a lot of the great backs he could use power too if needed.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I've always held Walter Payton in high esteem but thanks to the little hobby i'm in i've seen many games of his and i've come away even MORE impressed by his level of play especially in the years when the Bears sucked so much on offense that it was virtually give it to Payton 80%+. The man could just do it all, be finesse, run over people and catch the ball with grace as well. If only the Bears weren't so wretched early in his career as it robbed him a few years at the end.

As for Sanders I see him as a bit of a contradiction, he was the first truly flashy RB but as a person and a player after scoring a TD he was respectful of the game and a genuinely good guy and a model for the quiet, stoic leader. Unfortunately a lot of the RBs who've been influenced by him have taken that flashiness but aren't even half the man he is.

Not listed on there is another favorite RB of mine and that's Thurman Thomas. He was Mr. All-Purpose for the Bills and if Jim Kelly was the gunman shooting the ball all over the place Thurman was the one that really stirred the drink as without him I don't think the Bills would've been nearly as successful. He was one of the more graceful runners i've seen and like a lot of the great backs he could use power too if needed.
There are so many backs that were great, and man you nailed it also with Thurman Thomas. What a consistant solid performer. He was a problem for opposing defenses.

I was so afraid of him when the Giants played them in the superbowl. The guy just simply produced every time. He is a class act and a great Rb. He was also solid all around back.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Shiny Cony's Arena

OVR: 1

Barry Sander is personally my favorite, but still like the others
NBA: OKC Thunder
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

I thought this was going to be a thread about the Buffalo Bills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »