Home

NFL jerseys?

This is a discussion on NFL jerseys? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NFL jerseys?

So I've decided to get a new 'Skins jersey when I'm in america in a few weeks but I looked up the prices and they are like $99!? Where they always this expensive? I don't remember it being as expensive as that a few years ago when I got my last one.

Are they cheaper in store or anything? If not I'll just have to pay the $99...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NFL jerseys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
So I've decided to get a new 'Skins jersey when I'm in america in a few weeks but I looked up the prices and they are like $99!? Where they always this expensive? I don't remember it being as expensive as that a few years ago when I got my last one.

Are they cheaper in store or anything? If not I'll just have to pay the $99...
That would be cheap for an authentic jersey. You can find knock offs for around that price and maybe cheaper... but of course, you'll overpay for knockoffs in a store. May be better to check with some people for "other" means of getting one.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Pro

What do you mean by authentic? I think it's $99 for the replica ones, still a proper jersey but not the ones they wear on the pitch if thats what you mean.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
What do you mean by authentic? I think it's $99 for the replica ones, still a proper jersey but not the ones they wear on the pitch if thats what you mean.
Yep, exactly what I mean. That's about the going rate. You can find them for cheaper but I think anything you'll find in a store will be worse quality and/or even more expensive than that.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yep, exactly what I mean. That's about the going rate. You can find them for cheaper but I think anything you'll find in a store will be worse quality and/or even more expensive than that.
Flipping hell a football(soccer) shirt over here only costs about £40 which is only $60 dollars give or take, thats for replica an actual match shirt still only costs £80.

Thats rough mate, are all american sports jerseys that expensive? Football is the only sport that I really follow, I'll watch and know a bit about basketball but have never bought a shirt before.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

All jerseys are very, unnecessarily expensive but people buy them so they're not going to come down in price anytime soon.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
All jerseys are very, unnecessarily expensive but people buy them so they're not going to come down in price anytime soon.
Sounds like you guys are getting a raw deal over there.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Flipping hell a football(soccer) shirt over here only costs about £40 which is only $60 dollars give or take, thats for replica an actual match shirt still only costs £80.

Thats rough mate, are all american sports jerseys that expensive? Football is the only sport that I really follow, I'll watch and know a bit about basketball but have never bought a shirt before.
man you need to buy a box of them and bring em over with you... sell them on the street, lol.

It's the thing to wear football jerseys on game days... not team colors, not shirts with the team logo, but actual jerseys. And not just TO the game but anywhere on game day... at the bar, going grocery shopping, sitting on the couch, etc. That's why people can charge an arm and a leg for them in the US. Everyone and their dog has to have at least one nowadays (and no, not exaggerating about the dog).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »