Home

Do you care for Training Camp/Preseason?

This is a discussion on Do you care for Training Camp/Preseason? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Football 3+ nights/week for 17 weeks is awesome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Do you care for Training Camp/Preseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
I care in the sense of what my team is doing in training camp. I like reading up on the daily reports and hearing about how our rookies are acclimatising to the grind of the NFL but it stops there. To read/hear "analysts" like Skip Bayless regurgitating training camp stats (e.g. completion %) to justify their argument is laughable. Training camp stats didn't matter yesterday and won't matter today.
Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are a joke.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #51
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyChilly
Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are a joke.
Stephen A Smith is ok when in the mood to debate and not play his part in the "two man show". Both play a character and it more often than not is to their detriment (more so Skip).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #52
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i like the pre season esp to check out the different rookies on the different team's and also get to see all the teams early esp since i have nfl network i get watch every pre season game.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #53
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

The only reason I care about the preseason and training camp is to get a feel for my fantasy team. I like to take a chance on some players and it allows me to get a feel for if they'll do anything come the start of the season.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #54
Rookie

EvolutionSn1per's Arena

OVR: 0

As a Colts fan, I am very interested for the preseason this year. I will be eager to see how Andrew Luck goes, and just how well our offence will work without Peyton.

I will also be taking a look at the Broncos preseason games to see Peyton in action with another offence (depending on how much time he gets).
Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
Rookie

jamie1981's Arena

OVR: 5
Anybody care to wager on preseason games? Hahaha only kidding...I can't believe people actually do that. I'm sorry but if you bet on exhibition NFL games you have a problem. Anyway...I usually only watch the exhibition games just to watch the starters.

Sent from my 1983 Motorola DynaTAC mobile phone

My Teams:
Penn State Nittany Lions
Florida State Seminoles
Seattle Seahawks
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phillies
Baltimore Orioles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #56
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I used to care about these things. Then the 2005 season happened. I, of course, am a Steelers fan. They were coming back from a 15-1 2004 season that ended the same way a lot of their seasons ended to that point. Losing the AFC title game at home. And they lost their deep threat, Plaxico Burress, in free agency. So how would their young star quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, react? Let's see how in the preseason games, shall we? Well, I don't remember the win-loss record. But I absolutely remember that the 1st team offense failed to reach the end zone in ALL 4 GAMES!!! Folks panicked. There were riots in the streets of Western Pennsylvania! Not really, I think. Memory's a little hazy. Anyway, there was a lot of gloom and doom heading into the regular season from the so-called experts who get paid real money to analyse football. What happened, you ask? In the first 2 regular season games the Pittsburgh Steelers scored 30+ points each and oh by the way, won the freaking Super Bowl. So when the 2006 preseason rolled around, I just didn't pay any mind to it. And still continue to do so. Outside of injuries, nothing that happens in these games means anything. The fact that they're on TV, and tickets to these "games" are the same price as regular season games is astonishing to me. They are scrimmages.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »