Home

K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good.

This is a discussion on K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The Dream Team!!
Haven't you heard? It's a future dynasty now.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Heh, I'm a Chiefs fan and have learned to live with measured hope/optimism, and am plenty happy to let them go under the radar until they prove they're worth talking about.

Even 100% healthy, the team will only go as far as Cassel can take them.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I honestly think the Chiefs have as good a chance as anyone to win that division. I'm not sold on the Broncos defense at all, and who knows how healthy Peyton will be.

And I think the Chiefs have more talent on that roster than the Chargers, but the games are played on the field, not on paper.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
If you ask me, it is Philly's to lose. It was last year and they lost it too.
How is it the Eagles to lose?

Its anybody's division. Sick of this Eagles slurp fest every year. From the Boys to the Eagles it always ends the same.

Any given year anybody can pull it together. The Nostradamus stuff is annoying. Oh and nobody is talking about the Cheifs because they havent done anything in years. Its that simple.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRitch12
Yes, Matt Cassel had a rough go last year. But people are quick to forget that he went to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago.
With all the QB drop outs at the probowls, you had bums like David Garrard make the probowl, so it doesn't mean anything. Plus, the OC you had that year is gone, and if I remember correctly, once Weis left you guys got hammered to end the season.

They remind me of the Vikings in 2008; they have talent in a lot of places and questions at the QB position. I believe they went 10-6 that year in a dreadful division. The difference is, all the teams in the AFC West could possibly win it. You also have to play the AFC North and the NFC South. That alone will probably take them out of a WC spot. It is entirely conceivable that the Chiefs open up the season 0-6.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0
Cassell is far from being a bad QB. He's shown twice that his teams can win when the team has talent on them and around him. They have the talent and if the Oline can keep him upright, they'll challenge for the division and in the playoffs
Old 08-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Any given year anybody can pull it together. The Nostradamus stuff is annoying. Oh and nobody is talking about the Cheifs because they havent done anything in years. Its that simple.
Chiefs. or Chefs..... something like that.

Now as a former rabid Chiefs fan and one who is jumping back into their fold, I'll take a little offense to that. Didn't they win the division 2 years ago or something and went above expectations? So it isn't like they haven't done anything. But I like the term Nostradamus stuff..... and amazingly there are dozens of shows that use it ad nauseum. After a while, it starts to wear on you like reality TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
Rookie

JRitch12's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel I should add that the Chiefs have a really difficult schedule this year. That being said, I still feel they have a decent chance to take the division. Whether or not they get to the AFC Championship is impossible to determine or guarantee as anything can happen in the playoffs. I just wouldn't be as surprised as most would be. Cassel can be solid. He struggles at times but he is good enough to take a team into the playoffs. I'm not convinced that he can win the Super Bowl, but Trent Dilfer's team won the Super Bowl for him so who knows? No, the Chiefs defense is no where near that Ravens D of that year. But they're solid. We'll see how they handle this tough schedule. This is Cassel's last real chance to prove he's capable of giving the Chiefs what they have been waiting for since the 1969 season.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »