Home

2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #41
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket and if so how is it?

Red Zone is a must. I watch that and only that when the Texans game is in commercial or for the the timeslot that there isn't a Texans game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Question for PS3

A) There's an app available through the PS store that you can download, then sign up. It's currently not available or being marketed because Direct TV probably wants to sign up as many new subscribers before they go the PS3 route (imo). Even the PS3 website has the NFL Sunday Ticket icon, but the website isn't active, it'll just re-route you to the PS3 website.

B) The service was ok, sometimes it would freeze and then catch up. Sometimes it would freeze, where you would have to select another game, then go back to your game. You can pause and rewind, and it had the red-zone channel.
  • Not sure if it broadcasts in 1080p, might want to check that out if it's important to you.
  • It DIDN'T have the channel with 8 games on at once.
  • It DIDN'T have the feature where you could enter your Fantasy Football Players and it'll give you a pop-up on the bottom with their latest stat (e.g. Aaron Rodgers scored TD, etc.) as is available on DirectTV. I was kinda disappointed in these two features not being available.
  • Blackouts - still applicable to PS3, if a game isn't sold out, it's not broadcasted.
  • Your internet connection (zip-code) dictates which games you'll see. You won't see local games, because they're assuming you can watch those on reg. cable. If you don't have cable/tv, you're outta luck to watch your home team, unless they're away.

C) 2011 Price - the price was tiered. Full Season (4 months) $339.95= $84.99/mo. billed per month. If you selected 1, 2, or 3, months than the price was higher per month. Pretty sure once you signed up for the full season you couldn't cancel.

If they bring it down to $199.99 for 2012, I'll sign-up, not worth it at a higher price point.

That's all I can recall for now. Hope this helps.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Red Zone is a must. I watch that and only that when the Texans game is in commercial or for the the timeslot that there isn't a Texans game.
I agree, and it is likely the only thing keeping me on Verizon's "premium" package and keeping me from getting the Sunday Ticket

Last edited by Sublime12089; 08-07-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #44
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Question for PS3

I have DirecTV because of the Sunday Ticket package. I've had it every year since they started it. I can't imagine not being able to watch my team.

I thought about abandoning DirecTV and going with the PS3 version, but I worry about the consistency of the feed and the features that come with it. It's nice that they dropped the price this year. It's totally worth $199.

Love the game mix channel....watching eight games at once is awesome.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #45
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I combined all discussion about Sunday Ticket into one thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #46
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread

Hope they do it for PS3 again and at a decent price, I want to not have to leave my house for a single Saints game this year. Plus think it'd be cool just watching all the football all day with my roommates and other friends next door.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #47
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Hope they do it for PS3 again and at a decent price, I want to not have to leave my house for a single Saints game this year. Plus think it'd be cool just watching all the football all day with my roommates and other friends next door.
I heard the quality on PS3 is subpar but for the right price and ability to watch my Broncos every week I may jump on this.

And on PS3 what determines quality the speed of your Internet or is it just slow due to PS3?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #48
Rookie

EvolutionSn1per's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread

I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I am not sure if the NFL Sunday Ticket is available here, but I have the NFL Season Pass Plus on NFL.com, which allows me to watch live games, archived games since 2009 and some other cool features like the NFL Network and episodes of the Coaches Film series. It costs $200 for the 2012-13 season, and I believe that it is well worth it.

My favourite feature is the ability to watch condensed games, which cuts out ad breaks, timeouts etc. and brings the game down to 30 minutes, featuring every play. Due to my time zone, I am usually at school when there is a game on, so this allows me to watch games in my spare time without waiting for ads and such. The only time I am willing to wait through such things is when I get the chance to watch a game live.
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - New Jersey Devils
F1 - Red Bull F1 Racing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »