Home

Which Division is the best in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Which Division is the best in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Which Division is the best in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
When healthy going into the season? I'd say yes.

They lost Jon Beason, Thomas Davis, their D-Line, Jeff Otah, David Gettis, 3 draft picks from the first 4 rounds among others.

Offensive league and all. I'll take a healthier Panthers defense, along with an offense that was third in rushing, fifth in points, seventh in total offense and 13th in passing yards over the Cardinals any day of the week.

As always it's a fluid league, though, and the Cardinals seemed to do fairly well in this draft without a 2nd round pick. I haven't seen much of their pre-season - so this is entirely based of what I remember. I think the Seahawks are a better overall team than AZ (record be damned) that was hamstrung by trotting out an injured TJack at quarterback every week.

The same could be said for the Cardinals as well though, since they finally ended the Kevin Kolb experience for now. Skelton went 5-2, but put up some pretty dull stats. Leaps and bounds was a bit of hyperbole on my part, but I'd still take the Panthers.
And the Cardinals were without their stud rookie RB and had to deal with sorry Beanie Wells as the only real threat yet again. Now they have Williams and what could be the new version of Boldin lined up opposite Fitz.

I'm just saying. It was the "leaps and bounds" ahead that caught my attention. We're all guessing here but there really isn't much at this point to make me say the Panthers are better than a team that finished ahead of them last year and has improved just like they have. I also feel like the Cards (and Hawks) are just assumed bad every year like it's a given. They have a pretty good team that was a game out of the playoffs last year. Sure their QBs haven't done anything, but neither has any other QB in that division. Just bc it's a passing league doesn't mean every team is ready to go that route. If the Cards running game can do some damage (I'm pretty high on Williams) it will help their passing game. I could see them finishing ahead of the Panthers again.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #34

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
And the Cardinals were without their stud rookie RB and had to deal with sorry Beanie Wells as the only real threat yet again. Now they have Williams and what could be the new version of Boldin lined up opposite Fitz.

I'm just saying. It was the "leaps and bounds" ahead that caught my attention. We're all guessing here but there really isn't much at this point to make me say the Panthers are better than a team that finished ahead of them last year and has improved just like they have. I also feel like the Cards (and Hawks) are just assumed bad every year like it's a given. They have a pretty good team that was a game out of the playoffs last year. Sure their QBs haven't done anything, but neither has any other QB in that division. Just bc it's a passing league doesn't mean every team is ready to go that route. If the Cards running game can do some damage (I'm pretty high on Williams) it will help their passing game. I could see them finishing ahead of the Panthers again.
I like Williams as well - but I think Beanie did as well as one could ask of him all things considered. 1047 yards with a 4.3 YPC is pretty solid for any running back. Note that I'm not trying to compare talent level (which I'm not worried about you doing, just other random people skewing it that way) but Beanies year was pretty comparable to Frank Gores.

Gores stat line - 282 Att, 1,211 Yds, 4.3 YPC, 55 Yd Long, 11 runs of 20+, 8TD, 75.7ypg, 2 Fumbles (2 lost), 53 Rushes for first down (17 Rec, 114 yds)
Wells - 245 Att, 1,047 Yds, 4.3 YPC, 71 Yd Long, 5 runs of 20+, 10TD, 74.8 Ypg, 4 fumbles (2 lost), 48 Rushes for first down (10 Rec, 52 yds)

If I can remember correctly, Williams isn't the greatest receiving threat out of the backfield... I don't know how much we can honestly expect him to improve on the numbers Beanie put up last year once he is the featured back (aside from more touches therefore more yards, and a bit more consistency.)
Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #35
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I think we all know that the correct answer is the NFC Best.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I think we all know that the correct answer is the NFC Best.
Wasn't there a Rams fan who posted here saying the NFC West was by far the best division in football, the same year it was the worst division of all-time in terms of records?

Old 09-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #37
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Wwharton, I'm just going to say this....John Skelton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #38
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Wasn't there a Rams fan who posted here saying the NFC West was by far the best division in football, the same year it was the worst division of all-time in terms of records?
I think it was a Rams or Seahawks fan. Either way, it was hilarious.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Wwharton, I'm just going to say this....John Skelton
Skelton/Kolb were the QBs of their 8-8 team last year... while Tavarius Jackson was the QB of the Seahawks who also almost made the playoffs. And though I think he gets too much hate, Alex Smith was the QB of a 13-3 team. Tebow was the QB of the division winning Broncos and Sanchez was the QB for two teams that went to the AFC Championship.

The "It's a passing league" talk has gone too far (I should just put that in my sig).
Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #40
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Skelton/Kolb were the QBs of their 8-8 team last year... while Tavarius Jackson was the QB of the Seahawks who also almost made the playoffs. And though I think he gets too much hate, Alex Smith was the QB of a 13-3 team. Tebow was the QB of the division winning Broncos and Sanchez was the QB for two teams that went to the AFC Championship.

The "It's a passing league" talk has gone too far (I should just put that in my sig).
That wasn't my point, although I was joking more than anything lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »