Home

Week 2: Tennessee Titans (0-1) @ San Diego Chargers (1-0)

This is a discussion on Week 2: Tennessee Titans (0-1) @ San Diego Chargers (1-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Week 2: Tennessee Titans (0-1) @ San Diego Chargers (1-0)

So I guess as a Titans fan I have to watch Jake Locker maybe win us 5 games in hopes he gets top 10 skills 2 years from now... Blah.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSmooth
Ok, so about 6 of the 11 runs are CJ's "fault"...and that's assuming this guy is an NFL expert at breaking down plays.

I'm not saying another RB wouldn't have gotten more yards...sure if it was Eddie George in his prime back there with his 6'3 230lbs body. But CJ is smaller, so he's not going to play the same.

I think New England, knowing it was Jake Locker at QB, their main tactic was to stop CJ and try to let the inexperienced QB beat them, and he couldn't.

Get CJ the ball on some screens or draw plays with better blocking (and more than 11 carries) and I have no doubt he can still get 100 yards a game...and if half of that is receiving yards on dump off plays to get him in space then so be it.
His name is Tom Gower, and he also writes for Football Outsiders. I'm not saying those guys (and him in particular) are the czars of football, but a lot of what I have read from them has taught me so much more about the game.

And besides, you don't have to be an expert to see the holes he has laid out in some of those screen shots.

And "missing 6 out of 11" of those is NOT what you pay a running back 53 million clams to do.

As a Titans fan, I wish CJ nothing but success. However, the organization can find better ways to spend that cash and still have way more success with the run game than what he is producing.

Edit: If you would like to continue this debate we can do so in the team forums. I don't want to derail this thread and take away from this *** whooping that is about to be handed to San Diego. Let the good times roll.

Last edited by C the Lyte; 09-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSmooth
So I guess as a Titans fan I have to watch Jake Locker maybe win us 5 games in hopes he gets top 10 skills 2 years from now... Blah.
Why draft a guy in the first if you're not going to play and develop him? How many wins do you think Hasselbeck is going to get you? Titans aren't going to contend for a championship with Hasselbeck this year anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Why draft a guy in the first if you're not going to play and develop him? How many wins do you think Hasselbeck is going to get you? Titans aren't going to contend for a championship with Hasselbeck this year anyway.
Agree with all points here. Anything is possible, but @ the most Hass gets Tennessee 10 wins and an early playoff exit. That's his peak.

I don't think Locker gets to 9 (I hope he gets more). It's time to see what the kid has in him. He sat for a year, which is almost unheard of in this day and age.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Titans are in for a long season. Chargers 31-17
Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

It's going to be interesting to see how Britt looks and plays. He is a difference maker without a doubt.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Sitting for several years worked out just fine for Aaron Rodgers...and a bunch of other current starters who wernt high draft picks.

The notion of a top 10 pick QB "has to start" early was more due to the out of control contracts guys like Alex Smith and Sam Bradford got, but that's done now.

It's my honest opinion that the best QB needs to be the starter, and that's Hasselbeck. One more year for Locker isn't going to ruin his psyche, and I'd much rather see Titans make the playoffs than not.

Again, if they had traded or cut Hasselbeck then fine, but I dont see how he's helping anything by being on the bench. This isn't a situation where Hasselbeck is a high quality backup to a perennial pro-bowler. To me he's the better choice for this season and I don't see it crippling Locker's long term career.

But hey, maybe Locker goes 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDs in this game against San Diego and I'll have to eat my words
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
Rookie

southriver's Arena

OVR: 1

Jammer broken hand? Didn't see that until today. He says he is going to wear a cast but were already thin at CB, so this injury concerns me.

Any word on Matthews..Gaither?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »