Home

Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question

This is a discussion on Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question

Down by one score, absolutely not. If it was 41-10 then yeah, thats wrong.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #50
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Schiano is a chump. He plays to the whistle? Why didnt he use his last timeout to try this again. He doesn't know what he's doing. No respect for the game. Please don't tell me you guys actually thought he would get the ball back and that he thought the same. You guys are fooling yourselves. He's ignorant. He's a hypocrit. He was sending a statement. If he was actually coaching, he would have known he had a timeout and use it. Apparently the Bucs didn't quite play all 60 minutes.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #51
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Schiano is a chump. He plays to the whistle? Why didnt he use his last timeout to try this again. He doesn't know what he's doing. No respect for the game. Please don't tell me you guys actually thought he would get the ball back and that he thought the same. You guys are fooling yourselves. He's ignorant. He's a hypocrit. He was sending a statement. If he was actually coaching, he would have known he had a timeout and use it. Apparently the Bucs didn't quite play all 60 minutes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348110882.167831.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #52
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Lol I'm just not convinced he did this with good intentions. That's all. I think he was being a sore loser.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #53
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Gotta side with Schiano on this one. Every time I watch my team try to close one out in the victory formation, I'm always just a tad nervous that they are going to fumble the snap. Just because you are doing a "QB kneel" does not mean the game is over. If it was really over, why can't you just give the ball to the official, say "scoreboard" and get him to run the last minute off the clock for you? That would be because we play until time reads 0:00, and teams developed the victory formation because it offers the QB maximum protection. If the QB kneeldown was really just a formality, you wouldn't have the entire team huddled around the QB to protect him from any would-be ball hawks.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #54
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm more annoyed with the justification than the play itself. Teach your team to strip the ball, hit harder, etc. and this isn't even an issue. I can respect he was trying to win the game but his justification was stupid, a few times[disclaimer: watching the recaps] the Bucs just dialed it in on defense as opposed to going all out, why weren't they going all the entire length of the game rather than just the final play?

I think Eli falling back was why most of the controversy started, but watching replays it looks like he saw the rush coming and just fell back to avoid taking a hit from his knee, which is a respectable thing to do but gets blown up just like any other media story.

It's 50/50 and obviously with all the extra shoving the Giants did post whistle, they aren't exactly the victims.

It lacks class and his supporting arguments lack foundation, but all in all, it's not cheap/worthy of any disciplinary action, etc. I can agree it's being blown pretty far out of proportion.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #55
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I'm more annoyed with the justification than the play itself. Teach your team to strip the ball, hit harder, etc. and this isn't even an issue. I can respect he was trying to win the game but his justification was stupid, a few times[disclaimer: watching the recaps] the Bucs just dialed it in on defense as opposed to going all out, why weren't they going all the entire length of the game rather than just the final play?

I think Eli falling back was why most of the controversy started, but watching replays it looks like he saw the rush coming and just fell back to avoid taking a hit from his knee, which is a respectable thing to do but gets blown up just like any other media story.

It's 50/50 and obviously with all the extra shoving the Giants did post whistle, they aren't exactly the victims.

It lacks class and his supporting arguments lack foundation, but all in all, it's not cheap/worthy of any disciplinary action, etc. I can agree it's being blown pretty far out of proportion.
I don't think you could say they dialed it in. If you watched the game, tampas secondary got beat by a more talented offense. Many of the late big plays were from blitzes that the giants picked up, creating holes in the secondary. I don't think it was lack of effort. I am a nice fan, but honestly the more talented team won.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #56
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I don't think you could say they dialed it in. If you watched the game, tampas secondary got beat by a more talented offense. Many of the late big plays were from blitzes that the giants picked up, creating holes in the secondary. I don't think it was lack of effort. I am a nice fan, but honestly the more talented team won.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
This, and illegal contact down the field between the CBs and WRs that the Giants just happened to win out on. Eli was killing them the whole game.

The only time Tampa really let up was when they tried to let the Giants score so that they would have an offensive drive to try to tie things up rather than one chance at blocking a field goal and then it's over.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »