Home

Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question

This is a discussion on Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question

By all means I do not consider it a cheap shot, so I put 'cheap shot' so people know what play I am talking about. The very last play from week 2 Bucs vs Giants.

My question is - what if the Buccaneers were successful in dislodging the ball from Eli Manning? Would the term 'cheap shot' be used? What would the eventual reaction/media reaction be if Tampa Bay got the ball back on an Eli Manning kneel down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Greg Schiano 'cheap shot' question

Much ado about nothing, only thing that made it a story is Coughlin overreacting.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Much ado about nothing, only thing that made it a story is Coughlin overreacting.
Excuse me, I don't favor either of these teams, but it was a complete cheap shot. You can't storm over a guy who is being a good sport and taking a knee and not trying to tack on more points/stats. The fact that Schiano did that shows that he is a sore loser.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I wonder the reaction if the Giants Oline cut the knees of all the Buc's defenders in that scenario instead.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 55

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
You can't storm over a guy who is being a good sport and taking a knee and not trying to tack on more points/stats.
The Giants were not trying to be good sports. Kneeling the ball just makes it nearly impossible to get the ball back. The chances of turning the ball over and the defense taking it back for a TD is a hell of a lot higher if you run a play vs taking a knee.

I think every Tampa Bay Buccaneers' fan would of loved for the Giants to run a pass play.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Excuse me, I don't favor either of these teams, but it was a complete cheap shot. You can't storm over a guy who is being a good sport and taking a knee and not trying to tack on more points/stats. The fact that Schiano did that shows that he is a sore loser.
He hadn't lost yet, they had one more play. A kneeldown was even fumbled THIS WEEKEND on national television - albeit in a CFB game. Just last year Rivers mishandled a kneeldown that cost his team the game.

A lot more sore winners concerning this topic than sore losers. There is no 'being a good sport and taking a knee' - they were simply running out the clock... it's not like the Bucs were down 20.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
He hadn't lost yet, they had one more play. A kneeldown was even fumbled THIS WEEKEND on national television - albeit in a CFB game. Just last year Rivers mishandled a kneeldown that cost his team the game.

A lot more sore winners concerning this topic than sore losers. There is no 'being a good sport and taking a knee' - they were simply running out the clock... it's not like the Bucs were down 20.
Even simpler... there are no sour winners or loser moves that don't fall as illegal in the rule book... period. A team would look stupid doing something like that down by 20, but it's still their right if they want to do it. The kneel down is a play... run it like one. I bet the Giants don't get caught off guard in that situation all year so they should thank them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »