Home

Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

This is a discussion on Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #1017
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
In general, it's not called, you're correct, but as has been repeated time and time again in this thread:

There's a big difference between jockeying for position in a Hail Mary scrum, something I equate to boxing out in basketball, and the obnoxious, flagrant shove Tate got away with.

The NFL did make a VERY political statement after that game, because by my estimation they didn't want to open the possibility of overturning the result of the game. They didn't want to establish that precedent.
We'll agree on that. No fan of any team in their right mind wants to open that Pandora's Box.

Classy reply, too. Good luck in your next game. No injuries.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #1018
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
So...the league instructs the refs to swallow the whistle on PI calls during Hail Marys.

The refs HAVE swallowed their whistles on Hail Marys for years, even in cases of it equal to or more egregious than Tate's OPI.

The ref follows training AND precedent by not calling it, and the league blasts him for it. Arguably in an effort to save SOME face over the touchdown ruling which they upheld after review, reviewed the following day, and upheld again.

That's talking out of both sides of your mouth, NFL. I call BS. That was a political response to the firestorm of controversy caused by the touchdown ruling.

Sorry, roadman. I just couldn't sit still on that one.
No apologies necessary to expressing your opinion.

I was focusing on the classy phone call by McCarthy and the ref admitting he would have called Int.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »