Home

Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1)

This is a discussion on Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Crazy how many people (Skins fans included) picking the Bengals to beat the Redskins in DC during their home opener. Haven't heard much rationale to justify it. These are both average teams with potential but without consistency. I'd argue that Cincy has looked worse than Washington so far.

Anyway, I've got the Skins winning this one.
Until I see otherwise if Washington can't get pressure on passers they have IMO a very average secondary. I like the skins match-ups offensively but I don't trust the defense after losing the right side of their front 7.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Ok. Go ahead.

Biases aside, of course.
Ha, okay... I'll do it with my response to N51_rob's post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Until I see otherwise if Washington can't get pressure on passers they have IMO a very average secondary. I like the skins match-ups offensively but I don't trust the defense after losing the right side of their front 7.
This is true but I'm not sold on the Bengals offense either. Hawkins is a nice speedster that can catch you sleeping on screens but he's nothing special, but is their 2nd best target. The best target is great but without other options (Hawkins is really a release valve or needs a play designed for him) the secondary should be able to bracket him. The Law Firm will probably have a solid but not spectacular day... I just don't see them, overall as anything more than that... solid but not spectacular.

PPM, we've only got 2 weeks to judge. During that time the Skins went into the Dome in NO, did a great job of containing Brees while dropping 40. They then went into the dome in STL and had a good offensive performance that could've easily been a win if it weren't for bad punt protection and strange defensive schemes that left Amendola open in space. I don't say that to take anything away from the Rams, but to point out that considering we're not talking about title contenders here, the Skins have had two quality games on the road and in very loud environments.

The Bengals had the odds against them in week 1 but they really laid an egg. Last week they honestly didn't look all that much better, the opponent was just that much worse (and they made the Browns look pretty good in that game). I think some may be still thinking that the Bengals made the playoffs last year and look better than last year on paper, but aren't considering the easy schedule they were working with last year and the handful of flukey wins they got. This is a middle of the pack team. On a neutral field this game would be a push (Skins are favored by 3 and we know how the odds makers factor in HFA). Instead it's in DC, it's the home opener, it's the first time these insane fans will get to see RG3 in person. Much like MNF of week 1, I'm not convinced Dalton is ready to calmly lead an offense in such a hostile environment.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't think the Bengals have looked better than they did last year(not sure how good they are because it's hard to tell after only 2 games)but all things considered, it's tough to say one has looked better/worse than the other so far.

There's some factors to take into consideration especially familiarity such as knowing what to expect from Dalton and the Bengals Offense and not knowing what to expect from RG3 and the Skins Offense, which should not be a surprise either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I don't think the Bengals have looked better than they did last year(not sure how good they are because it's hard to tell after only 2 games)but all things considered, it's tough to say one has looked better/worse than the other so far.

There's some factors to take into consideration especially familiarity such as knowing what to expect from Dalton and the Bengals Offense and not knowing what to expect from RG3 and the Skins Offense, which should not be a surprise either.
Bengals have played 2 division teams, Skins have played 2 away games in domes.

Anyway, I'm not making the point that the Skins are a better team than the Bengals (far from that actually). But the Bengals came into the season considered a playoff contender while the Skins came in considered the worse team in their division and bottom feeders in the league. I'm saying they're both closer to the middle, and the intangibles in the Skins favor should play a role considering that. If this game were in Cincy, I'd pick them to win... especially if it were their home opener and AJ Green's first game... and the Skins had a 2nd year QB having to deal with that (or Rex).
Old 09-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm not sure who to pick in this game. Both defenses suck. I have the feeling RG3 is going to put up massive numbers against the Bengals, this defense made the Browns offense look good. The Bengals will put up some points as well, but I'll give the edge to Washington because it's the home opener.

42 - 35 Redskins
Old 09-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Bengals are going to destroy the skins
Old 09-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #15
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
The Redskins have been looking great on offense but it's not like they played any good defenses either. I expect them to continue to put up points in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC Bearcat
Bengals are going to destroy the skins
What makes you think that? Through 2 games the Bengals haven't shown that they are capable of destroying anyone. They were embarrased by Baltimore, and beat the Browns in a close game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »