Home

Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1)

This is a discussion on Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #65
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1)

I'm confused about the last possession.

There was :07 seconds left in the game and there was a False Start penalty on the Skins but yet there was no 10 second runoff, which would normally be the case. Now even though there was an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty called on them as well, shouldn't the Refs still have run down the clock and therefore ended the game right there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #66
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

There was :07 seconds left in the game and there was a False Start penalty on the Skins but yet there was no 10 second runoff, which would normally be the case. Now even though there was an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty called on them as well, shouldn't the Refs still have run down the clock and therefore ended the game right there?
I think the time keeper screwed up, but I heard the penalty was against Kyle Shanny.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

I think the clock has to be running for the 10 second runoff to occur.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #68
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

RGIII makes the skins offense watchable for the first time in a very long time. Scoring 30+ points more often than not is gonna keep you in the game. He (and the coaches) might want to start protecting him a little bit. He took some shots in that game. Don't like seeing your franchise QB getting popped like that. I think the offense really misses Garcon. I know that HankTime85 had the deep TD pass in St. Louis, but Garcon is just explosive and can stretch the field. Would like to see him back soon. Alfred Morris is for real, very few times where he doesn't fall forward and showed off some real, shifty hips in the hole. Finally found Fred Davis this week, again that improves with Garcon back. Even if the skins lose the next few games at least the offense is entertaining. That hasn't been the case for a long, long time in DC.

The defense will make those same games agonizing. I can forgive for the opening TD, who really knew Sanu had that kind of gun? That play was also negated by the "pick 6". But this defense is/was built on being able to get pressure off the edge to force QB's into hurried throws. Not having Carriker and Orakpo can't be an excuse all year, but you can clearly see how Bradford and Daulton were able to sit back and pick the secondary apart. Bottom line the Redskins secondary is not very good and of the front 7 can't force QB's to get the ball out of their hands quickly and not in rhythm it is going to be a very long season for the defense.

It's sucks the skins are 1-2 but the one positive I have seen this year is that the games are interesting. Hell they were on NFL Rewind on the NFLN in back to back weeks, and could've probably been there this week if not for all the OT games and great finishes around the league.

Defense needs to get pressure on the passers and the coaches need to protect RGIII a lot more. Also, I wouldn't be upset if anyone on the skins sideline took a shot an Newsome for that late hit. It's a bush league move, especially when they were hitting RGIII CLEAN and hard all game long.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #69
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Yeah that's true, but I still don't think the Bengals are built to destroy teams. The defense will give up too many points for that to happen.
I agree completely. They have to have the worst linebacker core in football. Their front 4 is good, and they have good corners when healthy.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #70
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I can forgive for the opening TD, who really knew Sanu had that kind of gun?
I did! He was a former HS QB here in NJ and obviously played for Rutgers. We ran a few plays with him.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #71
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

This rant in no way is an excuse for the outcome of the game so don't look at it like that.

These ****ing high school JV refs need to ****ing go. You incorrectly state the game is over on a penalty when the clock is stopped. A coach tells you that you wrong (and probably an idiot). You then flag that coach for 15 yards for your error. Then to top it off because you have clearly not shown your incompetence you step off 20 yards?!?!?!?!?!

Like I said fandom aside how asinine does that situation sound?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #72
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I agree, these refs are atrocius. Roger Goddell fining people won't matter when these refs refuse to take charge the majority of the time. He is such a hypocrite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »