Home

Week 6 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers(2-2) @ Tennessee Titans(1-4)

This is a discussion on Week 6 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers(2-2) @ Tennessee Titans(1-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #97
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 6 TNF: Pittsburgh Steelers(2-2) @ Tennessee Titans(1-4)

i dont even know where to start with this team....road woes....inability for the defense to make crucial stops......just an unacceptable performance against a 1-4 team.....*sigh*
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #98
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I've got the Titans winning or losing by no more than 4 points.

No Troy P, Britt should get a big bump in snaps, and if CJ is going to hit a home run, this is the kind of defense he would do it on (of course they could hold him to just 2 yards also).

But overall, this is going to be a better game than it's given credit for it seems.
yep, I just quoted myself... sue me, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
Just wanna lay out a big fat I told you so to basically the entire Pro Football section. Congrats Titans fans, big win for you guys.

Steelers won't be better than 8-8 this year. Too many injuries, team is getting old, transition year a bit with the new offensive coordinator, for some unknown reason the team just racks up the penalties this year. Kinda reminds me of 2009, just without the good start followed by epic mid-season collapse, just gonna be a meh year.
Still a lot of season to go. I don't think a lot took into consideration the history between these teams (Titans and Jags always play the AFC North tough... the rivalries live) and the impact of the short week (said the same before the close Browns/Ravens game... remember Browns/Steelers last year?). When you add the other issues the Steelers are going through and the game being on the road, this was going to be a close one no matter what. Wish I was a betting man.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #99
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Why would Tomlin get a second look? He's been one of the most successful coaches in the league since day 1.
I like Tomlin. Seems like the knives are out today about the call to go for the 54 yard field goal. I have no problem with it, Sushi had hit a 52 yarder, and was just short on the 54.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
Just wanna lay out a big fat I told you so to basically the entire Pro Football section. Congrats Titans fans, big win for you guys.

Steelers won't be better than 8-8 this year. Too many injuries, team is getting old, transition year a bit with the new offensive coordinator, for some unknown reason the team just racks up the penalties this year. Kinda reminds me of 2009, just without the good start followed by epic mid-season collapse, just gonna be a meh year.
You and i think alike. As i stated in the Steeler-Eagle thread,

Quote:
The Steelers will be up for this one. Their D has been dreadful two of the three games, and will try to redeem at home with one, or both, of their leaders back.

Of course this will be followed by a Thu night flop, but that's another story. The roller coaster season will continue.
The season will continue on in this fashion. LeBeau just does not have the personnel to run his 10 year old scheme anymore. The Dline is atrocious, Ike Taylor is vastly overrated by many in Pitt, there is nobody outside of Harrison and Woodley that can play on the outside, Foote runs slower than paint drying, etc, etc, the list goes on.

On offense, the Oline is decimated, and their red zone offense is lacking the killer instinct needed. Still, the offense, as is, has been operating well enough to win most of these games.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
You and i think alike. As i stated in the Steeler-Eagle thread,

The season will continue on in this fashion. LeBeau just does not have the personnel to run his 10 year old scheme anymore. The Dline is atrocious, Ike Taylor is vastly overrated by many in Pitt, there is nobody outside of Harrison and Woodley that can play on the outside, Foote runs slower than paint drying, etc, etc, the list goes on.

On offense, the Oline is decimated, and their red zone offense is lacking the killer instinct needed. Still, the offense, as is, has been operating well enough to win most of these games.
About Ike, like I said, he's a beast against guys smaller than him. Desean Jackson did nothing to him. But guys like Kenny Britt, Demaryius Thomas, big receivers who he can't muscle around and be physical with are guys he's going to struggle against. Not very often you see Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen play better than Ike Taylor.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »