Home

Week 6: New England Patriots (3-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-2)

This is a discussion on Week 6: New England Patriots (3-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 6: New England Patriots (3-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
Talk about ridiculous homerism.

The #1 defense in the NFL playing AT HOME in one of the toughest venues in the NFL is not going to allow themselves to get "blown out." You heavily underestimate the Seahawks' defense and the big corners and hard hitting safeties that will be roaming the secondary.

I am not saying the Seahawks will win. But to say this game is going to be a blowout is funny.

We could do an avatar bet if you would like? If NE puts up more than 24 points on the Seahawks, I will change my avatar to a Patriots avatar of your choosing. If they don't, I get to pick your avatar. Should be easy for you to accept considering your proclamation of a blowout.

Anyway, this is going to be Seattle's toughest game of the year, but I like how we match up. NE is going to have a tough time running the rock and if we generate a solid pass rush, the Patriots could be in trouble.

Two keys here... Seattle has to have a great pass rush and Russell Wilson needs to have the best game of his career thus far. 250+ yards and two TD's with zero turnovers is what I think it will take. That's asking a lot, but he is capable.

23-17, Hawks win.
Nothing to do with "homerism". I'm just not at all concern with your defense, loud stadium or the guy coaching your team.

I accept your avatar bet.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #58
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
12...please?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #59
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
I'm convinced that anyone having any opinions like these hasn't been paying attention to pro football this season. 3 vaunted offenses played against us, and none of them have scored more than 14 points.
Really? Tell me more...

You mentioned 3, I'm pretty sure out of those 5 games, you definitely mean Dallas and GB...not sure who this 3rd vaunted offensive team is...

BTW, those 'vaunted' offenses are 16th or worse in yards per game......New England is 1st.

GB and Dallas are barely scoring, hell Dallas is avg 16, GB 22.

Where is the vaunted aspect of these offenses?

Go ahead, I'll wait.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Really? Tell me more...

You mentioned 3, I'm pretty sure out of those 5 games, you definitely mean Dallas and GB...not sure who this 3rd vaunted offensive team is...

BTW, those 'vaunted' offenses are 16th or worse in yards per game......New England is 1st.

GB and Dallas are barely scoring, hell Dallas is avg 16, GB 22.

Where is the vaunted aspect of these offenses?

Go ahead, I'll wait.
Dallas played Seattle and Chicago....

Green Bay played Seattle, San Francisco, & Chicago...

You expect those teams to put up numbers after 5 weeks playing against great defenses...?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #61
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Dallas played Seattle and Chicago....

Green Bay played Seattle, San Francisco, & Chicago...

You expect those teams to put up numbers after 5 weeks playing against great defenses...?
If they are so vaunted, yes.

Fact is those offenses aren't as good as you guys want to claim they are. They have great players, but both have OL that are nothing to write home about. Any GB fan will tell you there is a huge contrast with the offense last year and the offense this year and it has little to do with the defenses they have played.

And Dallas, well we have plenty of issues as well.

In short, the troubles both offense have had is more them than the defenses they have played. Not saying the defenses didn't play a part, but Dallas has had miserable OL play, and obviously GB has some of that as well.

Not sure who that 3rd vaunted offense is though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #62
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
If they are so vaunted, yes.

Fact is those offenses aren't as good as you guys want to claim they are. They have great players, but both have OL that are nothing to write home about. Any GB fan will tell you there is a huge contrast with the offense last year and the offense this year and it has little to do with the defenses they have played.

And Dallas, well we have plenty of issues as well.

In short, the troubles both offense have had is more them than the defenses they have played. Not saying the defenses didn't play a part, but Dallas has had miserable OL play, and obviously GB has some of that as well.

Not sure who that 3rd vaunted offense is though.
Cam Newton, and the Panthers' vaunted 3-headed rushing attack. Every other NFL analyst thought Carolina was gonna run all over this defense. Ring any bells?

Sure, all those offenses aren't scoring much as the season goes on, but most people outside of Seattle thought we had no chance in any of those games before the games were even played. So, yeah, it's easy to judge in hindsight, but when each major weekly NFL preview was written, most of them had Seattle on the losing end of those games, and not just by one TD...

EDIT: Just to add, nobody thought Cam Newton was having a sophomore slump until after the Seahawks game. In fact, he was considered on pace to finish with numbers similar to the ones he put up his rookie year. But, one loss to the Hawks changes that perception completely, even though it barely changed during the other 4 losses. Point is, it seems like no one is giving this defense enough credit. And, I'm not getting defensive, just sayin'...

Last edited by jWILL253; 10-12-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #63
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Cam Newton, and the Panthers' vaunted 3-headed rushing attack. Every other NFL analyst thought Carolina was gonna run all over this defense. Ring any bells? Sure, all those offenses aren't scoring much as the season goes on, but most people outside of Seattle thought we had no chance in any of those games before the games were even played. So, yeah, it's easy to judge in hindsight, but when each major weekly NFL preview was written, most of them had Seattle on the losing end of those games, and not just by one TD...
Saying the Panthers have a vaunted offense is a big stretch. They are 27th in Points per game, 22nd in Total Yards per game, only 14th in Rushing Yards per game, and -5 in the turnover differential.

The Seahawks have a great defense, but they haven't faced an offense as good as NE this year. Comparing the NE offense to GB and DAL:

Points Per Game: NE 33.0 (1st in NFL), GB 22.4 (18th in NFL), DAL 16.2 (30th in NFL)

Yards Per Game: NE 439.4 (1st in NFL), DAL 364.0 (16th in NFL), GB 338.0 (21st in NFL)

Pass Yards Per Game: DAL 296.2 (4th in NFL), NE 274.0 (10th in NFL), GB 240.8 (16th in NFL)

Rush Yards Per Game: NE 165.4 (3rd in NFL), GB 97.2 (20th in NFL), DAL 67.8 (30th in NFL)

Turnover Differential: NE +10, GB -1, DAL -7
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Nothing to do with "homerism". I'm just not at all concern with your defense, loud stadium or the guy coaching your team.

Good deal! Makes things more interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »