Home

Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Week 7: Thursday Night Football - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

Alex Smith starting to scare me I hope we get back on track we need to run the ball short passes get back to our game
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm expecting a tough, hard-fought battle. If the Seahawks can win this game they'll be in pretty good shape since their schedule gets somewhat easier in the second half of the season and the rest of their divisional games will be at home.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Alex Smith starting to scare me I hope we get back on track we need to run the ball short passes get back to our game
Starting to scare you? He had a great game the week before. He had no had this bad of a game (interception wise) in 3 years. No need to be chicken little yet. He is not as good as he was in the Bills game during the first half and he is not as bad as the Giants made him look.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
You think Kaepernick is good enough to lead San Francisco to victory?
No idea but he wouldn't be leading. I expect that Gore would be leading and I'd expect Randy Moss to step up and lead in that situation as well. Either way I'll take him over a 9 fingered Alex Smith.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

The Seahawks are the one team in the division (sorry Cards fans) that worry me a bit.

Stick to what we do best (run, play D) and we'll be fine. Start airing it out again though, and Seattle's defense will give it's offense some short fields.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Starting to scare you? He had a great game the week before. He had no had this bad of a game (interception wise) in 3 years. No need to be chicken little yet. He is not as good as he was in the Bills game during the first half and he is not as bad as the Giants made him look.
I watch every game hasn't missed a 49ers game in the past 7 years Alex Smith looked great vs Bills and Jets but Vikings and Giants he looked different seems like vs elite pass rush this year he's not getting the ball off fast enough like last year those Vikings and Giant games idk whether it was our rushing attack defense but whatever it is he didn't look like he has last year im saying he looks to be a little more rattled especially that Giants game Alex Smith has the same thing Romo,Rivers has they shut down badly lose focus and im just hoping Smith doesn't fall back into his old ways that's all Alex Smith last year and a little bit off this year doesn't make me just up and forget all those other 6 years so for me to have concern its not out of the question with him right now especially with the defenses were about to facing coming up (Seahawks,Cards,Rams,Bears)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
I watch every game hasn't missed a 49ers game in the past 7 years Alex Smith looked great vs Bills and Jets but Vikings and Giants he looked different seems like vs elite pass rush this year he's not getting the ball off fast enough like last year those Vikings and Giant games idk whether it was our rushing attack defense but whatever it is he didn't look like he has last year im saying he looks to be a little more rattled especially that Giants game Alex Smith has the same thing Romo,Rivers has they shut down badly lose focus and im just hoping Smith doesn't fall back into his old ways that's all Alex Smith last year and a little bit off this year doesn't make me just up and forget all those other 6 years so for me to have concern its not out of the question with him right now especially with the defenses were about to facing coming up (Seahawks,Cards,Rams,Bears)
This is the bane of every QB's existence. No QB can do anything against hellacious pressure like the Giants were getting Sunday. Look how mortal Brady and Rodgers looked against Seattle this year. Look how Peyton played against the Steelers in the early to mid 00's. Check out how average Brady looks every time he plays the Giants. Not putting Alex in their class, but pass rush ruins ANY offensive game plan. Alex is going to be just fine, as long as that finger heals up, it most definitely affected him Sunday.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #24
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
This is the bane of every QB's existence. No QB can do anything against hellacious pressure like the Giants were getting Sunday. Look how mortal Brady and Rodgers looked against Seattle this year. Look how Peyton played against the Steelers in the early to mid 00's. Check out how average Brady looks every time he plays the Giants. Not putting Alex in their class, but pass rush ruins ANY offensive game plan. Alex is going to be just fine, as long as that finger heals up, it most definitely affected him Sunday.
agreed but last year he seemed much more calm in the pocket he relaxed made his reads and made the right pass this year he's holding on to the ball to long not as bad as his previous years but at times he blanks out especially that Giants game I just don't want to see him get into a slump like he did vs Vikings and Giants just want to see that confidence that he had last year thats all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »