Home

Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2)

This is a discussion on Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #73
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
BFD I completely disagree. This offense is unique in the NFL. Defenses have to prepare for EVERYTHING with this offense. The offense is not I repete IS NOT the problem. They had their worst day with turnovers and still gave the defense a lead with under 2 minutes left. The problem is they can't defend the pass at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #74
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
BFD I completely disagree. This offense is unique in the NFL. Defenses have to prepare for EVERYTHING with this offense. The offense is not I repete IS NOT the problem. They had their worst day with turnovers and still have the defense a lead with under 2 minutes left. The problem is they can't defend the pass at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
We do completely disagree and that's fine. This offense is NOT the reason we lost this game but as far as the development of RG3 goes, this offense is a complete mistake, imo. NO TEAM will build a consistently winning team around an option offense in the NFL, imo and even worse is the fact that if a QB like RG3 was to go down with an injury, Lord forbid, the backup QBs most definitely couldn't step up to run that mess. I don't want to do a bunch of typing but this crap is a mistake, imo and I hope they relegate it to certain occasional packages, NOT the focal point.

If they would utilize RG3 to mold him into the quality passing QB he can be, with the versatility his speed provides, everyone would be better off. I don't understand why he can't be used like John Elway, just with better running ability.

So you are telling me the Shannahans can utilize Elway, Cutler and Schaub, also ATTEMPT to use McNabb, Grossman and Beck, in a traditional offense but NOT RG3? C'mon Rob.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #75
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

The Davis enjury sucks if your a skins fan. I thought he'd have a breakout year this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
All I have to say to redskins fans, I love RGIII, I really only saw highlights of him in college and the pros so far, but Damn he has a pretty release and such a quick one too.. I have been watching football for over 20 years and man had s release is one of the fastest ones I have ever seen... He special man

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 10-21-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #77
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, really need to vent. If that's Andrew Luck, Steve Young or John Elway, NO WAY the coaches decide to make option run plays the central focal point of the run game/play calling, so why the eff do it with RG3? That stuff is a good change of pace to keep defenses off balance, like the 49ers, Jets and other teams will do on occasion but making that the focal point for offense with a talented PASSING QB like RG3, is a complete mistake, imo.

His great speed and running ABILITY should be an asset for when plays breakdown, something defenses will have a hard time accounting for and even the occasional design QB run or bootleg, not the focal point of play calling. When they stopped doing that crap on the last two offensive drives, it was evident the way RG3 was able to manage a "traditional" offense, instead of overusing that option stuff.

I think it's time the Shanahans stop being cute and run the type of offense they would with other exceptional passing QBs, that happen to have the ability to run. Enough of this ish! /rant
Umm...it's working.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #78
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
All I have to say to redskins fans, I love RGIII, I really only saw highlights of him in college and the pros so far, but Damn he has a pretty release and such a quick one too.. I have been watching football for over 20 years and man had s release is one of the fastest ones I have ever seen... He special man

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. So I cant understand why they want to utilize him like this, instead of like other prolific passers from league history. It is extremely frustrating for me because a QB will likely only develop as well as the coaches/teachers around them. The Redskins have Mike Shannahan, that was able to coach both Elway and Cutler, along with Kyle that coached Schaub in Houston, yet they seem to want to squander away RG3 in an effing option offense in the NFL. This mess is a travesty, imo and again, had they drafted Andrew Luck, none of this would be happening, yet because RG3 can run fast, that somehow mandates they use an option offense?

Also you intentionally put the franchise QB consistently in harms way running this option stuff, I just don't get it. SMH
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #79
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Umm...it's working.
I get entirely too fanatical about the Redskins, so this post pissed me off! lol

MY Skins are 3-4 but even if we were 7-0, it wouldn't matter to me in the long run for RG3 in this option offense. The Wildcat worked well for the Dolphins under Sparano INITIALLY but you see how that turned out in the long run.

My point is squandering away the experience a potentially perennial QB could attain in a solid traditional offense, for some flash in pan option offense that can not be sustained at the NFL level, imo. RG3 can't grow into the QB he is capable of being, in this type offense, imo, and likely can't even stay healthy in it.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #80
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
We do completely disagree and that's fine. This offense is NOT the reason we lost this game but as far as the development of RG3 goes, this offense is a complete mistake, imo. NO TEAM will build a consistently winning team around an option offense in the NFL, imo and even worse is the fact that if a QB like RG3 was to go down with an injury, Lord forbid, the backup QBs most definitely couldn't step up to run that mess. I don't want to do a bunch of typing but this crap is a mistake, imo and I hope they relegate it to certain occasional packages, NOT the focal point.

If they would utilize RG3 to mold him into the quality passing QB he can be, with the versatility his speed provides, everyone would be better off. I don't understand why he can't be used like John Elway, just with better running ability.

So you are telling me the Shannahans can utilize Elway, Cutler and Schaub, also ATTEMPT to use McNabb, Grossman and Beck, in a traditional offense but NOT RG3? C'mon Rob.
If you say so. Our Oline is still ****, and like someone mentioned this offense is working. RGIII has shown he can protect the ball. You mentioned other QB's, we don't have elite weapons at WR. This offense is RGIII, Alfred Morris and who ever the receiver that can get open at the moment. Santana Moss is having a career revival in this offense and you are complaining?

Seriously, we now have the ability to go score for score with anyone and you don't like it. Our Oline is the same crap line that was terrible last year, the only real changes in the offense are the QB and RB. I get the frustration, but to complain about an offense that has scored 30+ points more times this season that the past 3+ years is asinine to me.

If the skins defense could hold a team to under 28 points a game they could be 5-2 right now. I hate even using ifs, but I can't understand anyone having a real beef with this offense. RGIII is developing faster than any other rookie QB in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...an-andrew-luck

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »