Home

Week 8: Thursday Night Football: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (5-2)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Thursday Night Football: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (5-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Week 8: Thursday Night Football: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Vikings are 7 point favorites and the over/under is 42 points.

I really like Tampa Bay +7 in this game. The Bucs haven't lost a game by more than a TD all year.

The Bucs also have the number 3 run defense in the league and the Vikings have a mediocre passing attack.

I don't like the over/under though. Gun to my head and I'm taking the under.

Tampa has to watch out for Harvin. I would love for my 49ers to have him.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #18
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Week 8: Thursday Night Football: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (

I love these TNF games. This matchup intrigues me, and I otherwise would not watch it if it wasn't for being on a Thursday night w/ no other NFL competition.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Im excited to see Ponder work. I was scratching my head at the pick last year but Ive become a fan of his seeing the Vikings succeed to this point of the season. Im also excited to see how legit the Viking's defense is. I wont hold the man beast of RG3 against them.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm excited to see how the young bucs show up on primetime. I think the deciding factor in this game is which Freeman shows up. The one that lets his WR make plays or the one that just wants to dump it off all game.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Im excited to see Ponder work. I was scratching my head at the pick last year but Ive become a fan of his seeing the Vikings succeed to this point of the season. Im also excited to see how legit the Viking's defense is. I wont hold the man beast of RG3 against them.
He's really been hit or miss lately. He had a horrible games against Arizona and Detroit. After not turning the ball over he's also had 2 INTs in each the last 3 games, and most of them have been on flat-out missed throws. The good thing is that the Vikes D, running game, and special teams have been able to overcome his mistakes in most cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
He's really been hit or miss lately. He had a horrible games against Arizona and Detroit. After not turning the ball over he's also had 2 INTs in each the last 3 games, and most of them have been on flat-out missed throws. The good thing is that the Vikes D, running game, and special teams have been able to overcome his mistakes in most cases.
I scratch my head when I watch Ponder, he goes through stretches where he plays with some fantastic Quarterbacking ability, makes good reads and hits guys in sync with the Offense.

Then he has moments of complete dumb-foundedness where he makes some infuriatingly bad decisions. Both Interceptions vs. Arizona were passes that had no business being thrown, both were out of the pocket under pressure that he just needed to throw away and live for another down.

The mistakes are being chalked up due to Inexperience and being a 2nd year QB, but he has to mature and make better decisions sooner.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #23
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

I got the Bucs in a upset
Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

This is the first real team with a significant rushing threat the Bucs have faced all year.

Pound the ball with AP early and often and keep the defense off the field. Also, get him more involved in the screen game. Both him and Harvin. Bucs are one of the worst teams in the league defending the pass.

But the key is definitely Ponder and taking care of the football to sustain drives.

Vikes 31-21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »