Home

Week 8: New York Giants (5-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 8: New York Giants (5-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #401
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Your optimism for this team knows no bounds. After watching what they did to Philly, IDK man.
Minus this game against Philly, Atl had 3 straight meh games. Like BK said, they're due....however, we turn it over, no shot, NONE.

I may be optimistic, probably because I know what they're capable of, they just know how to get the absolute least out of their talent, smh.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #402
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The good news is they are due for a loss or letdown game. The bad news is, I saw them live this year, and have watched 3 of their other games, where I really broke down their games using NFL Rewind and the All 22, the Falcons are all that this year. That team is no joke.

If Dallas brings their A game and the Falcons bring their A game, Atlanta wins going away. Best hope is they have a letdown game.
They're good, no doubt. I would agree if both bring A games, ATL wins....I guess I expect a let down.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #403
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Week 8: New York Giants (5-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
They're good, no doubt. I would agree if both bring A games, ATL wins....I guess I expect a let down.

There is no phase of the game that Dallas is better than Atlanta at, if both teams really show up.

Dallas will really need to force the issue this week. I like Atlanta in this game, but Dallas is capable of winning no doubt.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #404
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think we will win, well, I hope we will. Our season on the line.

This situation reminds me of a few years ago when the Saints were 13-0 (or something like that) and we went in there and won. But with this team, I just don't know. I feel like we'll compete and maybe even dominate for 95% of the game and then find a way to lose, just like here, and Baltimore. And if that happens, I don't even want to think about the mental state the team will be in.

I would love Garrett to start incorporating some Spread concepts into the offense. With the guys we have at the skill positions, it makes a lot of sense.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #405
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
This situation reminds me of a few years ago when the Saints were 13-0 (or something like that) and we went in there and won. But with this team, I just don't know. I feel like we'll compete and maybe even dominate for 95% of the game and then find a way to lose, just like here, and Baltimore. And if that happens, I don't even want to think about the mental state the team will be in.

I would love Garrett to start incorporating some Spread concepts into the offense. With the guys we have at the skill positions, it makes a lot of sense.
I don't think the Dallas perimeter skill players really fit a spread type of offense, and they lack a real spread style slot receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #406
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

I would love for Garrett to incorporate Arsenic into his diet...
Just Kidding..
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #407
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just concerned about player morale at this point. they played really hard today on both sides, so to lose like this anyway has to be deflating.
It would have been more deflating if they lost 44-13. At least they didn't give up and amazingly took the lead.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #408
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

Quote:
Im disgusted with Felix, thay was ridiculous.

Myself as well. The run game and oline is a hot, hot, hot, hot mess!

Felix has become a complete liability at this point and instead of being relied on to make at least 2-3 yards we are simply asking him to not get negative yardage. Not good. The Rams are shopping Stephen Jackson, I think they should look into it. Murray hasn't shown durability at this point, and Jackson is a capable 3-down back with some wear on him. His professionalism would really boost the offense, but more importantly, his ability to catch & block on key third downs could do wonders. Jackson is the RB Parcells & Co. should have drafted instead of Julius Jones in the 2004 draft. I just don't know what STL is asking for him.

In terms of the game, heartbreaking loss to watch. I will honeslty admit, the way this game started I expected a complete blowout. But, I would much rather the Cowboys lose in this fashion - fighting, scratching and clawing their way back from oblivion - than to see them give up like they did in the GB game years back. Giants got very lucky in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »